Discussion topic: Email account disappeared

This message was authored by Yasminq This message was authored by: Yasminq

Email account disappeared

I've had my Sky account for around 15 years. They gave me an email address. I linked a new one for my now ex.  As my son got older I created one for him. He's had it around 10 years since he started secondary school. Suddenly its disappeared. He can't log in on the app or website.  I've tried too, being the parent account. His dad's is still there and then when I look at additional accounts on sky website, his name is there but with my email. I'm getting my emails, not his and I can send him one without a gremlin returning it.  Any ideas anyone?

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Email account disappeared

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Can you login in here or do you see the same message:

https://www.sky.com/mydetails/account-info

If you can't then when you call just say you can't login to your Sky account as it is worth not mentioning the email account as they might wrongly tell you to go to Yahoo when they can not help.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

What is happening when he tries to login to the website ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

What's the error message when your son tries to log in?

Yasminq
Topic Author

A generic message. Can't remember fully now but something along the lines of, there's a problem with the account.  Contact us.  He's phoned them and they have no idea and just transferred him to Now TV! 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

You/he will need to keep calling the number given, until you get a more competent agent.

Possibly trying to change the password may help. https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/email

Although you created the account, that doesn't allow you to have any control over it.

Has he tried resetting his password? That has resolved this issue in the past.

https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword

Yasminq
Topic Author

Yeh he's tried the password.  The account just doesn't seem to exist. I've tried it for him too and just the same generic error page comes up.  When I look at the page on the sky website for additional users, it's still got his dad there with his name and email address  but my sons shows his name and MY email address. We all still use these as primary emails and me and his dad haven't had any of his emails. 

I have a feeling they have used my account in a training group and someone has messed it up somehow

He'll have to persevere with calling then, I'm afraid, until he's connected to an adviser who knows what needs to be done. The 'problem with your account' issue isn't unknown - we've seen it reported on numerous occasions- so it can be fixed if the adviser knows what to do.

None of your email accounts will have been used in any form of training session.

Yasminq
Topic Author

Ok we'll give it a go again today thanks. He wouldn't be so birthed if it wasn't for job applications.  But it's good to know that this isn't an isolated incident and can be fixed!

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Can you login in here or do you see the same message:

https://www.sky.com/mydetails/account-info

If you can't then when you call just say you can't login to your Sky account as it is worth not mentioning the email account as they might wrongly tell you to go to Yahoo when they can not help.

Yasminq
Topic Author

I've just tried but still the same unfortunately. I'll send him the link too. He's away so may take some time!

Thank you

Yasminq
Topic Author

Thank you everyone. The link in the answer posted worked for him 😊

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion