Discussion topic: Issues with outlook not downloading

This message was authored by Daren430 This message was authored by: Daren430

Issues with outlook not downloading

I use Microsoft 365.  Since we have had that product, we have difficulty downloading emails.  When the laptop is started and Outlook is opened, it works fine.  Then through the day it stops- almost like there is no connection. Pressing send recieve does not help.  I have to log off and then on again. I have been online with Microsoft and they quite clearly put this problem at Yahoo's feet- and state they are working on a fix. Microsoft have remoted onto my laptop a few times to try and make sure all the settings are ok and this seems to work for a day or 2.  Anyone else had similar issues or know of a fix (not too technical though!!)

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Issues with outlook not downloading

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm not sure why it would work intermittently but are you using a generated app password for Outlook 365? It's not intended to work with your normal Sky password: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/problems-accessing-sky-mail-from-your-email-app

Daren430
Topic Author
This message was authored by Daren430 This message was authored by: Daren430

Re: Issues with outlook not downloading

Mark,  thanks for this response.  I actually used this generated password some time ago as a one off.  This was on my older version of outlook.  According to Microsoft there is actually an issue with all Yahoo based providers with some form of clash between that and 365.  I will keep the article to hand thanks as in honesty outlook has worked correctly for the past 2 days!!  Thanks again

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion