Discussion topic: Sky emails unreadable

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: Sky emails unreadable

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@dcl4000 wrote:

yes same issue here 

can see some e mails fine but the rest are just code / strange format

And are you using the Windows Mail app as well?

Try looking through this Microsoft forum thread, and see if there is any help there. (I haven't read it all myself)

Mail App Emails appearing in raw HTML data - Microsoft Community

This message was authored by mapaja5768 This message was authored by: mapaja5768

sky yahoo mail and outlook 2016

Hi Since Friday last week my sky emails within outlook 2016 either do not download or if they do some just look like gobbly goop, i habe completely un installed everything and put all back in i have got them downloading but some still look gobly goop, i have read you need to do a 16 diget code but i have no idea where to get it or where to put it when i have got and this is driving me nuts. (god only knows why they have to mess with something that worked just fine. Help tell me where and when to put what i have to do to get it to work again. Thanks

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: sky yahoo mail and outlook 2016

@mapaja5768 

I'm not sure the 16 digit password will fix your issue as you are receiving the emails so have you looked at the link posted by @jayach in the post above yours ?

The 16 digit password replaces the one you have enteted previously in Outlook for your Sky email account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
geordy+boy
Topic Author
This message was authored by geordy+boy This message was authored by: geordy+boy

Well ive tried everything uninstalled the sky email and reinstalled it, generating a password, repaired the windows mail app and restarted it ive even did a clean reinstall of windows 11 and it still the same. I went on the microsoft help forum and it seem there are a lot of people with the same problem. Someone in the forum said that its a windows mail problem and its going to be replaced in the near future but when he didnt know. So maybe we will get a new mail client or an update to correct it soon. The only thing i havent tried is downloading sky emails through the new yahoo mail app so i will try that and see what happens. But listen guys and girls its not your fault you havent caused the problem so just sit tight and hopefully microsoft will hear our prayers LOL

You could always install the Thunderbird mail client and try this ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
geordy+boy
Topic Author
This message was authored by geordy+boy This message was authored by: geordy+boy

just checked out some of the reviews for the yahoo mail app and it sound worse than microsoft mail so i dont think ill bother with that mail client. Where would i get Thunder mail client and is it free.

Thunderbird is free, you can get it from here:

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/

geordy+boy
Topic Author

This Thundebird client can you have two email accounts attached to it like windows mail

@geordy+boy wrote:

This Thundebird client can you have two email accounts attached to it 

Yes you can, you can have more than two if you want.

geordy+boy
Topic Author

is it available in the windows store cos i am running window S

Just use the link I posted as it gives you the download option.

@geordy+boy wrote:

is it available in the windows store cos i am running window S

I'm afraid it isn't. However you can apparently upgrade to the Home version for free.

Switching out of S mode in Windows (microsoft.com)

@caesarome Windows S, can only run apps from the Store. 

This message was authored by mapaja5768 This message was authored by: mapaja5768

Re: sky yahoo mail and outlook 2016

Just to note sky are definately of the problem as i have reported all issues that people are having and explained that there hundreds of people having issues for approx 2 two, now 48 hours later i ordered something through sky and i had to receive terms en onditions through email but sky refued to use thier own email system to send me the documents i had to give an alternative emaill address for them to be sent they said there is big issues for some apparent reason and they are working on getting things fixed this was also esculater to a mangers techinical team to deal with but how it will be before its fixed god only knows

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion