Discussion topic: Sky emails unreadable

This message was authored by square+eyes8 This message was authored by: square+eyes8

Re: Sky emails unreadable

Spoiler
having same problem here, I can get 3 emails from ebay, 2 I can read 1 I cant. Not only ebay, aldi's have started to do it. I found that if I log on to sky yahoo emails and fwd the email to myself it comes down OK. 

perhaps someone will sort it.
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@square+eyes8 Are you also using the Windows Mail app?

This message was authored by square+eyes8 This message was authored by: square+eyes8

using windows 10 mail app.

It does seem to be a problem with Yahoo mail and the Widows Mail app. Just which of them should be fixing it is difficult to say.

there was a windows update in may after that things seemed start to go wrong so I guess it's a windows problem. odd though that a fwd message arrives ok.

This message was authored by UK+JIngles This message was authored by: UK+JIngles

Firstly..It's not a Microsoft problem (For a change!) 😆
It's a Yahoo problem.......
So if you have any email that uses Yahoo (Sky in my case) then you will get the same problem that started for most people about 2 weeks ago and some of your email messages will not view in HTML....
Yahoo or Sky need to get their finger out and issue a statement  in how to repair this problem! 😡

@UK+JIngles wrote:

Firstly..It's not a Microsoft problem (For a change!) 😆
It's a Yahoo problem.......

What proof do you have for that staement?

It's only happening on Wnidows 10/11 Mail. It never used to happen, so why do you think it is something that has changed at Yahoo and not Microsoft?

Not saying you are wrong. but can't see how you can be so sure.

This message was authored by UK+JIngles This message was authored by: UK+JIngles

Enough to have fixed the problem on my Email account......
The Clue was my other 3 Accounts were working fine on Windows Mail ...
So that was a bit of a giveaway!

Yahoo have also changed there settings without letting me know and as my Sky email comes off of Yahoo Mail I had to change my settings ...
IMAP server settings for Yahoo Mail | Yahoo Help - SLN4075

Of course if anybody else is having problems that aren't at all connected with the Yahoo Servers than
please ignore my posts! 😆

That good enough proof for me...  🤗

I had a different issue with Google also recently and that was because Google had discontinued their "Less Secure Apps" and I had to generate an App Password to fix my MailWasherPro...

@UK+JIngles wrote:

Yahoo have also changed there settings without letting me know and as my Sky email comes off of Yahoo Mail I had to change my settings ...
IMAP server settings for Yahoo Mail | Yahoo Help - SLN4075

If your account needed the changes you point to, you would have been getting no emails from Sky|Yahoo.

This thread is about some of the emails being recieved, but not readable.

This message was authored by Alan+K+Smith This message was authored by: Alan+K+Smith

Receiving some garbled emails in Yahoo in Windows Mail

When receiving some (but not all) emails with Yahoo in Windows Mail the text is garbled, ie looks like machine code.   When I open this mail in the Yahoo email website sometimes the text is in plain text but other times the email doesn't appear at all.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Receiving some garbled emails in Yahoo in Windows Mail

@Alan+K+Smith  I have merged your post to this existing thread that is discussing the same issue, a new thread isn't required.

Please see the replies in this thread.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Re: Receiving some garbled emails in Yahoo in Windows Mail

@Alan+K+Smith Your problem does seem the same as others have reported for Windows Mail, however they should look O.K. on the webmail. Have you tried using a different browser for the webmail?

This message was authored by bwarr This message was authored by: bwarr

Any update on this one please folks? I'm having the same problem - some mails (Sky email system using Yahoo) garbled when viewed through Microsoft Mail client (Version 16005.14326.20970.0). Ta.

This message was authored by clivewest This message was authored by: clivewest

I have a similar problem with my sky via yahoo received emails. My technical knowlwdge of computers is minimal. I just expect to receive emails that are readable as I have done for many years! However something has changed in the last few weeks that appears to have been caused by another party. I have not changed anything on my laptop, I would not know how to!

Being as Sky is contracted to supply my email service surely it is encumbent upon them to address this problem via this community of users? Is Sky/Yahoo now addressing this issue and if so when can I expect a remedy? 

My apologies if I have misunderstood either the content of this post or the purpose of this 'community'.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@clivewest we're a Community of customers, same as you, who try to help each other. Sky may or may not read the posts here, but you can always call them to report the issue and seek a response from them.

While I imagine Sky will do their best to support the various email apps and clients that customers might use, they will probably suggest you revert to using your browser to access your email account via sky.com, as doing so avoids this problem.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion