Discussion topic: Sky emails unreadable

This message was authored by UK+JIngles This message was authored by: UK+JIngles

Re: Sky emails unreadable

With further investigation I have discovered that it is Both Sky/Yahoo emails and Mail for Windows 11  that are at fault AND neither of them are doing anything to fix it!
Sky emails will open properly in their own on-line browser but not in Windows Mail but all other email accounts will open fine in Windows Mail (BT,Gmail,Yahoo Mail)
So for some reason Sky and Windows Mail hase a serious fault (As I said it doesn't effect Yahoo Mail emails Just those sent through Sky) 
If like me you want all your accounts in one place on your PC the only answer I've found at the moment is to download a third party email program (I'm using eM Client which is fairly similar to Windows Mail and you can try it for free for 30 days!)
Microsoft keep promising a spanking new Windows Mail "Soon" but who knows how long and if it will work with Sky E-Mails.......
I'm also guessing that everybody who has a Sky email and uses a pc based program/app is having the same problem with their emails (Non-Html)?

Pete

This message was authored by clivewest This message was authored by: clivewest

Thank you Mark 39 and Uk + jingles. I now understand a little better and done as you suggest to read my emails at sky.com. However the point is that I should be able to read them on my pc and its not clear where the responsibility lies to remedy this matter. As Pete says it is probably affecting many users. 

Therefore is there a means of escalating this issue through a Superuser/Oracle (ie someone who is a lot more competant than me!) to Sky to obtain their view on how it should be resolved? My personal view is that Sky is not providing me with the service that I am paying for. Or is that too simplistic a view?

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@clivewest 

Sky are not changing you for the email it is free. (and only available to legacy customers)

Sky will feel they have provided the service, as long as you can use your emails via a browser.

@UK+JIngles wrote:

I'm also guessing that everybody who has a Sky email and uses a pc based program/app is having the same problem with their emails (Non-Html)?

It would appears only Widows 10/11 Mail is affected, so as it's not a very fully featured client, there probably aren't that many people using it

@jayach 

Thank you for your input.

A couple of observations. Sky will of course be recovering the cost of supplying the email service via some other charging regime that I am probably paying for! 

For me it is at least an inconvievience to have to sign in to Sky.com to read the unreadable emails received on my pc. Not a satisfactory outcome. A more positive approach shoud be taken to seeking a remedy for this problem.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@clivewest you could take a pragmatic approach and use a different email client or app perhaps? There are several you could choose from. Or if sufficient numbers are affected and raise it with Sky, they might investigate though I doubt it will be a priority for them. Sky Yahoo Mail is a legacy service which I've no doubt is a millstone they would be happy to dispense with.

@clivewest wrote:

@jayach 

Sky will of course be recovering the cost of supplying the email service via some other charging regime that I am probably paying for! 

I think not, or they would not have stopped providing it to new customers.

When I joined Sky beoadband, they promised "Sky email is for life". I think they are just waiting for the last of us to die out.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Or that we decide that Yahoo are not the best email supplier and that we stop using our Sky email addess and use another one instead like a lot of us do.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@caesarome wrote:

Or that we decide that Yahoo are not the best email supplier and that we stop using our Sky email addess and use another one instead like a lot of us do.

There we differ, I like my Sky email address and would hate to lose it.

Fortunately I've never had the problems others report on here, and I have 4 Sky email addresses that I use for different things. (hope I don't come to regret that statement)

Thank you all for your replies.

I think I will hold tight for now and see how long I can live with my 'Sky for life' email address!

This message was authored by paultm53 This message was authored by: paultm53

I'm having the same problem. All fine via Android or other client but not with Win 10 (Desktop) or Win 11 (Laptop) Mail! Used to work fine  and is not affecting all emails?? Very strange.

This message was authored by UK+JIngles This message was authored by: UK+JIngles

In the end I gave up waiting for Microsoft to update their faulty Windows 11 mail and instead purchased eM Client and all 4 of my email accounts are working perfectly now! 👍

This message was authored by MasterMariner This message was authored by: MasterMariner

I've been using Sky / Yahoo e-mail for some time but recently messages are arriving in HTML!

Cut and pasting them into MS Front Page  makes them readable - but I don't have the patience to do this every time!

Is there a quick fix?

@MasterMariner wrote:

Is there a quick fix?

Only to stop using Windows 10/11 Mail. 

Try using Thunderbird instead. Thunderbird — Make Email Easier. — Thunderbird

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion