Discussion topic: Getting Sky Entertainment back

This message was authored by Merrytite This message was authored by: Merrytite

Getting Sky Entertainment back

Having come to the end of my 18-month contract for the services that came with my Sky Glass, the subscription tripled so I cancelled Sky Entertainment and now use another Internet provider. However, cancelling Sky Entertainment seems to mean that I no longer have a TV guide which means, for live TV, going into each TV app (IPlayer, ITV, C4 etc) just to see what's on and what's coming up.  Very clunky.  So :-

1. I've tried finding out how much a Sky Entertainment subscription would cost to add back. But every link I find to it (I've tried "Ultimate TV" as well) leads back to the page for the whole Sky Glass package. Does anyone have a link to take me to details of just the Sky Entertainment package? Is it even possible to add it back on it's own?

2. Is there another independent App that  would give me a TV guide in the same way?

Thanks.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Getting Sky Entertainment back

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Merrytite I believe your best bet would be to call sky to discuss what options are open to you.  If Sky is you mobile provider you can phone them by  dialling 150.

If it is not your provider follow this link https://www.sky.com/help/home and scroll down to need more help, click on this and you will see an 0333 phone number to use to call Sky. Unfortunately I cannot include the actual phone number as the forum filters will reject it.

Good luck

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

@Merrytite I believe your best bet would be to call sky to discuss what options are open to you.  If Sky is you mobile provider you can phone them by  dialling 150.

If it is not your provider follow this link https://www.sky.com/help/home and scroll down to need more help, click on this and you will see an 0333 phone number to use to call Sky. Unfortunately I cannot include the actual phone number as the forum filters will reject it.

Good luck

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

To reinstate your Entertainment subscription as a returning customer, give Sky a call.

There's no app I know of that you can add to Sky Glass to give you an independent TV guide.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Merrytite wrote:

2. Is there another independent App that  would give me a TV guide in the same way?

No: without a subscription there's no access to a streaming EPG (and apps cannot be added to Glass even when paying Sky). You could receive Freeview through an aerial and have access to a broadcast EPG that way, but to do so requires the Glass set to be disconnected from the internet.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Merrytite
Topic Author

Thanks TBG - my aerial reception is just not good enough anyway. What's an EPG though?

Merrytite
Topic Author

Thanks Mark - that seems the way to go - no I've got a phone number!

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

EPG is Electronic Programe Guide. It's the common name for the TV Guide. 

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Merrytite
Topic Author

Thanks for the information FG1 - I couldn't find a contact number anyway. Seems somewht bizarre you have to go to a user forum to find out how to express an interest in a company's product doesn't it?

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Merrytite wrote:

Thanks for the information FG1 - I couldn't find a contact number anyway. Seems somewht bizarre you have to go to a user forum to find out how to express an interest in a company's product doesn't it?

You can call on 150 from a Sky Talk Line or Sky Mobile.

If you haven't got a current Sky Mobile or Sky Talk this link should help:
https://www.sky.com/help/home Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number. If you are in the ROI on the same link change the flag in the very bottom corner to the ROI flag to obtain an 0818 number.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Merrytite  Furthere to the post from @MarkGoldsmith I have this LINK bookmarked on my laptop.  I found it on Google about a year ago and it has UK contact numbers for a range of organisations.  The link I have provided is to the Sky section.

Merrytite
Topic Author

Do you know of any other TVs out there that don't come with an EPG as standard?

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Merrytite wrote:

Do you know of any other TVs out there that don't come with an EPG as standard?

@Merrytite  No, but then it should be appreciated that Sky Glass was specifically designed for Sky and not as a general TV.

When I cancelled my Glass and moved to Stream I connected an outside ariel to the Glass TV and used the "freeview" features and that included an EPG..

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion