Discussion topic: Think before buying Sky Glass

This message was authored by Clive+C60 This message was authored by: Clive+C60

Think before buying Sky Glass

Sky glass keeps hanging, picture quality is only any good if you are looking directly at the screen, if you have a black background it is very patchy, sound does not match up with the picture.

all in all not very good, we have Skys fastest broadband but still the same, would i buy sky glass now NO, i have asked Sky if i could send the tv back and go back to a dish , Yes as long as i pay up the balance of the agreement £800 

please please dont buy Sky Glass until you do your reaserch.

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Think before buying Sky Glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Clive+C60 

I don't have any issues with it hanging, but as a customer of both Sky Glass and Sky Broadband, I would be expecting Sky to provide end to end support. You may have better success using an ethernet cable and turning WiFi off in the settings.

In terms of the TV, I'm reasonably happy with mine, but given the type of panel that is in use and the age of the TV, if I was in the market today I wouldn't buy a glass. I'd go stream and a better value TV.

Sky will only let you reject the TV in the first 31 days, unless you can prove it's not fit for purpose under your statutory rights. One thing to consider is making a formal complaint to Sky and see if they are willing to provide any additional support: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

Hope you get sorted

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Suskha This message was authored by: Suskha

Re: Think before buying Sky Glass

Most sensible folk would do thier research before investing in a new telly

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion