Discussion topic: My sky glass tv is constantly freezing and a message comes up saying waiting for program to load.

This message was authored by Lawrencehallam This message was authored by: Lawrencehallam

My sky glass tv is constantly freezing and a message comes up saying waiting for program to load.

Sky glass Tv has been a pain since I got it.  Its constantly freezing and saying waiting for program to load. This has become more frequent. It happens everyday.  Anyone else had this issue

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: My sky glass tv is constantly freezing and a message comes up saying waiting for program to load

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

That sounds like the download speed the TV is receiving isn't sufficient. If you are connected by WiFi this could be due to WiFi interference or small dropouts.

if you are using WiFi I'd suggest testing using an Ethernet cable, ensuring you also disable the WiFi in the glass settings. If you don't also disable the WiFi it will switch back over to it by default so you may notice no difference.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Sandraandmick This message was authored by: Sandraandmick

Re: My sky glass tv is constantly freezing and a message comes up saying waiting for program to load

Ours freezes or cuts the last 5 minutes off of some movies. Or waiting for data to download and we have fibre optic to the router.

so in theory we moved up to sky glass super fast internet, and the service is worse than the old system. Also if you're watching something on say channel 4 press record the ending as it's getting late.

Next morning go to watch the ending only to be told to sign up to ?? To watch the rest? On channel 4? I ask you what a piece of crap sky glass tv has turned out to be.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sandraandmick wrote:

Next morning go to watch the ending only to be told to sign up to ?? To watch the rest? On channel 4? I ask you what a piece of crap sky glass tv has turned out to be.

Correct, you need a C4 app account to watch content on the Channel 4 app. An account is free and can be upgraded to their premium offering to remove the ads from the app.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion