Discussion topic: Sky Go Wont Start up on Windows 11 PC

This message was authored by asamson1 This message was authored by: asamson1

Sky Go Wont Start up on Windows 11 PC

I have been having trouble starting Sky go on my windows 11 PC for a while. It worked when I 1st installed it a few months ago, but now it just starts up , checks for updates then closes before it gets to the main menu. 

I have tried a few things people have suggested like clearing chrome browser cache, removing various folders like citrix but its still not working. Anyone got a step by step guide on how to check / resolve this?

Best Answers
asamson1
Topic Author
This message was authored by asamson1 This message was authored by: asamson1 Answer

Re: Sky Go Wont Start up on Windows 11 PC

@Mickey-Padge I was contacted by a member of the Sky team who walked me through it. My computer had citrix workspace installed on it for work. After removing sky go and citrix workspace and reboot and reinstall of Sky go then worked perfectly. Apparently you cant have both on your machine.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now as this matter has been resolved. If there is anything else we can help you with in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks.

This message was authored by Mickey-Padge This message was authored by: Mickey-Padge

How was it solved? I have the same problem...

asamson1
Topic Author
This message was authored by asamson1 This message was authored by: asamson1 Answer

@Mickey-Padge I was contacted by a member of the Sky team who walked me through it. My computer had citrix workspace installed on it for work. After removing sky go and citrix workspace and reboot and reinstall of Sky go then worked perfectly. Apparently you cant have both on your machine.

This message was authored by Mickey-Padge This message was authored by: Mickey-Padge

I checked, I don' have that other app.

When SkyGo starts it just does nothing. Just checks for updates and then shows the giant play button.

This message was authored by Conrad+Edkins This message was authored by: Conrad+Edkins

Same as you Mickey. Worked until this morning then uninstalled, now when reinstall get exactly same as you. I don't have any Citrix installed so that would seem like a bluff. Not great when Ryder Cup is on either!

This message was authored by Petesmit This message was authored by: Petesmit

Chat with Sky last few days new SSD and clean install of Windows 11 and it no longer works..loads downloads updates then big blue screen with white arrow like many others..this is what the operative said:

I'm really sorry you've been having issues with the Sky Go on your PC. Having checked your account and our faults page, It is something that we are aware of and support teams are investigating this issue.

I can see you have tried most things to resolve, but currently our only suggested work arounds are as followed

1: Restarting the app (this could take several attempts)

2: Closing down other applications that are currently open, then attempt to open Sky Go

3: Shutting down the device (not restart) and turning it back on, then retrying Sky Go

4: Try opening the app when connected to a different broadband connection (at work / home / mobile tethering)

If none of these options work then unfortunately we will just have to wait for a fix to be in place and currently we do not have an estimated date as to when this will be, but the resolution is being worked on.

Well at least they are seemingly aware then. App still not working.

This message was authored by VWsurfbum This message was authored by: VWsurfbum

no citrix here either, tried all mof the above suggestions but still no luck.

This message was authored by kwr73 This message was authored by: kwr73

Hi - 

I do have Citirx workspace and Sky GO has been working fine until yesterday - 

Only difference I can think of is I joined a connection through workspace rather than an internet site that connects to workspace for me.

Most perplexed, resetting Citrix has not fixed it and I have to use Citrix for work, it was working and now isn't very strange.

I pay a hefty fee to have Sky F1, don't watch any other channels was relying on sky go for this season working for early/late races. Come on sky, pull your finger out! 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@VWsurfbum wrote:

I pay a hefty fee to have Sky F1, don't watch any other channels was relying on sky go for this

Does the desktop app wprk for you:

https://www.skysports.com/watch

Select the channel then you should be prompted to install it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

In a word no. 

Won't get past the blue square with the white triangle.  It says getting updates, then nothing. I've left it for hours, but nothing ever loads. 

Tried all of the above tips, no Citrix or anything.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion