Discussion topic: Why am I unable to stream Sky Sports from my iPad to my Samsung TV via Airplay?

This message was authored by SHINEY1908 This message was authored by: SHINEY1908

Why am I unable to stream Sky Sports from my iPad to my Samsung TV via Airplay?

The error is 

Sorry Something went wrong. 

There is a problem connecting with the Sky Go app. Please try again later. 

I have rebooted both devices

Reconnected Wifi

Re-installed Sky Go

Updated TV firmware

IPlayer works fine via Airplay as do other apps, so why not SKY? 

This has never worked properly, so is there no fix for it? 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Why am I unable to stream Sky Sports from my iPad to my Samsung TV via Airplay?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

This option is disabled due to rights restrictions I'm afraid as it has never been possible to stream from

the Sky Go app.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Allyjspurs This message was authored by: Allyjspurs

Re: Why am I unable to stream Sky Sports from my iPad to my Samsung TV via Airplay?

Well thats clearly not true as I am streaming sky news from the Sky go APP to an LG TV using airplay....and sometimes it stays on for hours other times it crashes out with 'something went wrong'...

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky News is a free channel so that might be that will work but my guess is you will not be able to do it with other channels so feel free to let us know if other channels do work.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion