Discussion topic: APN settings are not coming to my wifes new motorola G54 phone

This message was authored by RichardM1968 This message was authored by: RichardM1968

APN settings are not coming to my wifes new motorola G54 phone

I bought my wife a new Motorola G54, and when I put the sky sim in it is not receiving the APN settings from sky, I have called them and they are not helping at all, apart from sending a new sim, which does not work either. I bought myself a G73 and swapped my sim over and it works fine, its the G54 that won't receive the settings for APN, has anyone got any idea how I can get this to work and put in the settings to get it working please?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: APN settings are not coming to my wifes new motorola G54 phone

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried creating them yourself:

They should be found at somewhere like Settings > Mobile Data > Create New Access Point...

Name: Sky Mobile Internet

APN: mobile.sky

Save and restart phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by VonnieV This message was authored by: VonnieV

Hi @RichardM1968 a smilar thing has happened to my husband phone which is also a motorola G54.  Bought from Argos. 

Thank you so much to  caesarome for mentioning putting in the APN I would'nt have done it.. I have coppied these from my network setting and now my Husband phone has access to data and the internet not on WIFI.

As @caesarome has said you need to create a APN manually:

Settings >  Network & Internet  >   Mobile network Sky  >  (stroll down)  Access point names 

Click + (Edit acess point - details as follows) 

Name:  mobile.sky

APN:  mobile.sky

Proxy:  Not set

Port:  Not set

Username:  Not set

Password:  Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC:  Not set

MMS port:  Not set

MCC:  234

MNC:  57

Authenication type:  Not set

APN type:  default

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roamimg protocol:  IPv4

APN enable/disable (appears grey) -will switch to enabled)

Bearer:  Unspecified

MVNO type:  GID

MVNO value:  0C

To save press   :  (top right hand corner and press save) 

Restart Phone

Good Luck!!

This message was authored by Tom861 This message was authored by: Tom861

I have the exact same issue with Moto g54 and my sky mobile data not working. Been driving me mad! So I followed vonniev instructions from their post and hey presto it actually worked!!! So a big thanks to vonniev for a clear explanation on how to resolve this issue. 

This message was authored by asad-london-88 This message was authored by: asad-london-88

Really appriciate. My wife's phone works now... don't know its a good thing or not....😄

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion