Discussion topic: OTP not being sent

This message was authored by s35ue This message was authored by: s35ue

Re: OTP not being sent

I had the same trouble and found my Santander was in blocked numbers. Unblocked it and I now get opcs.

This message was authored by Bryan_Jacobs This message was authored by: Bryan_Jacobs

Was it listed as Santander in your blocked numbers list? 

This message was authored by s35ue This message was authored by: s35ue

Yes but I didn't block it.

This message was authored by Kevin20019 This message was authored by: Kevin20019

I removed all blocked numbers from my phone today too as per above message. Initially no change, however this afternoon I received my first bank text message. Not sure if it is related to the blocked numbers or if the issue has been fixed. Now working with multiple OTP sites.

This message was authored by Bubbles7 This message was authored by: Bubbles7

This has been happening to me now since last week.

I was also in the USA recently and was only able to get SOS network coverage for about 5 days despite having the roaming passport plus.  It's really annoying now because I can't access a whole range of banking websites etc which I need to be able to do.  

In frustration I ordered a new SIM card and activated it today only to find it's no different and I still can't access some websites because of the verification codes not arriving.  

I've just joined sky mobile recently and to be honest, wish I hadn't bothered because I had no issues with my previous provider - vodafone.  I'm on a contract with SKY so can't go back to my old provider without penalties - not happy.  I've complained about the roaming service in the USA because I was charged £2 a day for the privilege of having no service so after 8 weeks I can escalate that to OFFCOM if I get no resolution. 

I notice there're lots of threads on this issue all of which say they've been resolved but clearly they haven't?  I spoke to customer services earlier who say they've escalated this and I'll get an update in 24 hours but, I'm not holding my breath.  So disappointed in SKY mobile.

This message was authored by Paulleach This message was authored by: Paulleach

Go to your keypad where you dial numbers, click on the 3 dots up on the top right, go to settings, and then click on blocked numbers. Search down the list for Santander or whoever you are not receiving OTP'S from, click to unblock. It had to of been a computer glitch or sonething as I didnt block Santander. You're Welcome. 

Ps. Sorry to Sky for my bad feedback, I was just stressed with the situation.

This message was authored by Tim48 This message was authored by: Tim48

Can’t receive OTP from HSBC

My wife has been unable to log into her HSBC app for just over a week now as the OTP they send aren't coming through. I've reported this on the help line twice to be told that they were aware of an issue with Santander which they've fixed. But now they have been made aware of the HSBC they will get it sorted within 72 hours. This still hasn't happened 

This message was authored by Demiblair30 This message was authored by: Demiblair30

They haven't fixed it with santander as I'm not receiving my one time pass code it's doing my heading I need to pay my bills 😫 

This message was authored by Paulleach This message was authored by: Paulleach

Read my previous comment for a possible solution.

This message was authored by Demiblair30 This message was authored by: Demiblair30

Yeah i did see I did  try no blocked numbers 

This message was authored by Bubbles7 This message was authored by: Bubbles7

Thanks for this @Paulleach  but I've unblocked all my numbers (I must admit there were a lot more than I expected when I looked on the list!) but, it hasn't sorted the problem.  I'm still not receiving ANY texts at all, not just OTP.  I've spoken to Apple customer support and they've checked my device and my apple ID and the problem is not with Apple.  But, Sky says it is.  Texts are a function of the network provider so for SKY to say it's nothing to do with them is a nonsense. I feel an OFFCOM complaint coming on because this looks like it's been going on for years, it's not a new problem with SKY Mobile yet they seem unable or unwilling to resolve it, yet they're still saying to me that it's a device problem.  It's not good enough.

This message was authored by Mike+Bratby This message was authored by: Mike+Bratby

I have been a customer for several years with no issue, now I am not receiving OTP from John. Lewis Partnership, & govenment gateway ( requested today 30/4/24 @ 11.06) , need it working NOW!

This message was authored by Mike+Bratby This message was authored by: Mike+Bratby

I have just tried again and still fails to arrive , request sent from government gateway at 11.17 today 30/04/2024

not getting OTP from , john lewis partnership credit card, government gateway and now just found not getting them from PAYPAL .. urgent resolution required , OTP request waS 11:25 TODAY

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mike+Bratby 
You aren’t contacting Sky Customer Services by posting on here. This is primarily a customer to customer forum.

Multiple posts reporting the same a few minutes apart won't get you a faster resolution. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion