Discussion topic: OTP not being sent

This message was authored by Mark693 This message was authored by: Mark693

Re: OTP not being sent

It is Sky's fault, not Santander's. After I had problems with the OTP, I phoned the bank directly for them to authorise the payment I wanted. I asked the guy I spoke to if they'd had lots of problems with Sky customers and he said that they had done a while back but hadn't had any for about six weeks!

This message was authored by Jess72 This message was authored by: Jess72

I haven't been able to receive OTP's from Santander for the last two days. Has anyone had an update from Sky about this issue? There are three people in our house on Sky who bank with Santander and it affects all of us.

This message was authored by Marayas This message was authored by: Marayas

Same me. I've got Santander bank -personal and business acc. Not receiving any OTP on neither of them. I cleaned my phone inside out, unblocked all backed phones and messages, reset my network. I've contacted bank - OTP history shows that OTP has been sent every line when requested, so SKY/O2 having a major issue. I do regret my decision joining them. Now I'm thinking to get the cheapest Vodafone or EE sim just to receive my otp's ?? joke

This message was authored by Rose21x This message was authored by: Rose21x

Still not sorted. I am not not receiving OTP from any service such as apps, accounts, banking etc. what a disgrace. 

This message was authored by SkyMoomin This message was authored by: SkyMoomin

Finally!

Just managed to get an OTP text through from Santander!! First time it's worked in over five days of trying.

This message was authored by Marayas This message was authored by: Marayas

• How long did you wait, after calling the customer service?? I just did today.. they saying 48hrs waiting time. Is that thru?
This message was authored by Rose21x This message was authored by: Rose21x

Oh great I am glad it's working! I still can't manage to get one hopefully won't be too long till it's sorted 🙂

This message was authored by Helenpoppy This message was authored by: Helenpoppy

Not receiving OTP

I am receiving text messages but not verification or OTP. Please help need to access my bank!

This message was authored by DD94 This message was authored by: DD94

After 12 days I am still unable to get any OTP texts including ones from SKY.

I have been complaining to Sky since then.  I have had a new SIM which didn't make a difference. After my 4th phone call in 4 days I was told my problem would be escalated today as apparently Sky closed my previous complaint, but the Customer Service operator  didn't know why.  
Do I have to ring and complain twice a day to ensure they don't close it again?

Today's Customer Service operator did admit they were experiencing problems but only with 1 bank. Really, I'm not getting any at all. 

This message was authored by Rob142 This message was authored by: Rob142

Hi all, finally got an OTP through this morning. It's sky that has the issue with santander customers. I phoned sky again and all they could say it was a technical issue and they were working on it. But eventually got there. Still going to swap back to o2 as I was with them for 20years and never had an issue. 

This message was authored by AaronTaylor52 This message was authored by: AaronTaylor52

Here is an update the problem is not with the bank its at skys end spoke to bank yesterday as i had same problem its not a som card issiue either. As of wednesday hundreds of customers with santadar and on sky mobile network are effect . Neither bank or sky have a timetable of when it going to be sorted . Mine has now been 10 days 

This message was authored by Helenpoppy This message was authored by: Helenpoppy

I have same issues.  I can't access my online banking account.   I urgently need to move money around to pay for my dog to have an operation on Monday 18 March.  So far I am panicking as after being on phone to Sky for over 30 mins that told to wait 3 to 5 business days just to receive a phonecall back!  This is crazy.  My family of 6 are all on Sky mobile and they are ok so why only my phone?  I need to access my money....  I'm filled with dread seeing this thread and how long this has been a problem on and off for!  I mean a YEAR!!! 

This message was authored by Raabg This message was authored by: Raabg

I also have this issue since transferring my number from ee.  
I am not receiving passcodes from ns&i and for various  medical appointment forms. 

I have contacted the companies to check for issues/ that they have the correct number. 
How can I get this sorted? 

Has anyone had any updates or feedback from Sky or Santander? I spoke to members of both their technical teams and it appears to be a known problem that both sides are currently working on. I was receiving OTP's up until 8th March so it must be a change made since then that's affecting it. 

I've been messaging both Santander and Sky to try and get an update. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion