Discussion topic: OTP not being sent

This message was authored by Hanlou72 This message was authored by: Hanlou72

Re: OTP not being sent

That's what im

hoping too as I'll be going back to 3 ! 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

A warning to others, don't waste your time with the live chat.

I spent three hours chatting with two agents who I would like to think were poorly made chatbots but in reality, they were just so useless it just seemed like they were chatbots. The best comedy value was when one of these agents suggested Santander needed to know my IMEI and phone model in order to send a simple text message. **bleep**.

The last agent was supposedly a manager who spent the duration of the chat trying to provoke or irritate me, I assume they wanted me to lose my temper? Sadly, after three hours of chat the result was just me opening complaints against both individuals for refusing to answer some direct questions on this issue and the last agents attempts to provoke an agrument.

I asked both to confirm what compensation Sky would be offering for this and the offer was £5, I asked if that was £5 per day of blocked banking messages but it was just a single £5. Obviously, I doubt anyone is going to accept that for a multiple week fail from Sky but it does show how little concern they have for the situation. I also tried a call about this yesterday but it seems whoever you speak to just plays dumb and even getting an acknowledgement that this issue exists and it is indeed a Sky problem was like pulling teeth.

Get a grip Sky, provide a detailed explanation for this failure, a firm fix date and a reasonable offer of compensation.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous wrote:

Sadly, after three hours of chat the result was just me opening complaints against both individuals for refusing to answer some direct questions on this issue 

Refusal to answer your question, or inability to answer your question? 

I asked both to confirm what compensation Sky would be offering for this and the offer was £5, I asked if that was £5 per day of blocked banking messages but it was just a single £5.

I've not seen any announcement from Sky about any compensation for this issue and I would suggest Sky aren't obliged to offer one, so the £5 quoted is possibly a good will gesture offered to you.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Both and in both cases that is unaccepltable after at least two weeks of this obviously well known issue.

I've not seen any announcement from Sky about any compensation for this issue and I would suggest Sky aren't obliged to offer one, so the £5 quoted is possibly a good will gesture offered to you.

After a multi week failure with no end in sight I don't care what Sky do or don't announce or what you think they are oblisged to do, they need to pay for this or refute the claim from Santander that they are indeed at fault.

My appologies if I'm wrong but I assume you haven't lost access to your accounts for weeks due to Sky's inabilty to deliver a simple text message?(removed)

Moderator note: Removed innapropriate remarks.

This message was authored by carlacowps This message was authored by: carlacowps

Same happened to me with an agent called 'Ross' yesterday! I asked how long it would be until this was sorted and his response was 'unfortunately issues don't have timeframes' ! At first he denied there was even an issue! 

Absolutely shocking service!!! 

Both and being two weeks into a well-known issue both are unacceptable.

I don't care what Sky do or don't announce or what you think they are obliged to offer, they need to pay for this or refute the claim from Santander that Sky are solely responsible. Weeks and not even a firm ETA on a fix for receiving a simple text message? Sky needs a reality check and if that costs them what I or any other customer deems to be reasonable compensation then they will just have to deal with it.

This message was authored by Kelsingra This message was authored by: Kelsingra

Posted by a Sky employee

Hey all,

Thank you for joining the Sky Community! 🙂

I understand your frustration about the OTP issue, but I would like to remind everyone to please be mindful of our community rules when posting and be nice to each other.

You can read our community rules here:
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Get-Started/bd-p/flow?step=4

As Daniel confirmed earlier we have identified an issue with our supplier and you should start to see OTPs working overtime.

Thanks,

Fanni
Community Moderator

Unless a firm ETA is provided with a detailed explanation for this failure then there is no reason to believe a word of it. “Overtime” is not an acceptable ETA (removed)

Moderator note: Can we please be nice to each other, removed innapropriate remarks. 

This message was authored by qwertyuiop3 This message was authored by: qwertyuiop3

Given that my first call to sky was 2 weeks ago and the best answer anyone can get 14 days later is "yes, we have a problem but we have no idea when it will be fixed (for that is all that can be inferred from "over time") then i would suggest the politeness on this forum has been exceptional. it is not good enough to prevent people from making payments to suppliers/employees and keep them waiting this long for a solution. 

Unfortunately that doesn't help SKY customers with the continued inconvenience.. I think it would be more useful if we were told exactly when this will be fixed rather than the loosely worded ' over time' . 

Let’s face it, they don’t have a clue. Receiving a text message is the most basic function to expect from a mobile provider and the fact its still not working weeks later is embarrassing.

I wonder what a reasonable level of compensation for this should be? It’s outside of my experience but I wonder if it’s possible to take this to small claims court? If it’s possible and if even a small percentage of those impacted by this farce managed to do it, I imagine it would inconvenience Sky at least a little.

This message was authored by carlacowps This message was authored by: carlacowps

or that issues 'don't have a timeframe' to be fixed! 

I wonder if an Ofcom report would be useful? Would they even care about this?

This message was authored by AaronTaylor52 This message was authored by: AaronTaylor52

Has anyone been given a date for this to be sorted  as can't even move to a different mobile company as they need a opt code

I had the same issue on Saturday after being made late to work because I couldn't use Ringo like I usually do because if was asking for an OTP ! I had no cash as I always use Ringo to park my car . I had to phone work to explain I had to find somewhere else to park and this made me 15 mins late ! I then spent  the next 4 hours back and forth on the phone between Santander and SKY ! I was told this would be fixed 24-48 hours later and it's now Thursday and still not fixed. I will be phoning them tomorrow with a view to ending my contract without any money involved because I'll be coming out of it early and going back to 3 !! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion