Discussion topic: OTP not being sent

This message was authored by GDB1 This message was authored by: GDB1

Not receiving OTPs from Santander

Hello. I am not receiving OTPs from Santander. I have contacted Santander and they say it is a problem with Sky Mobile. Can you please resolve this ASAP?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Not receiving OTPs from Santander

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GDB1 

I have moved your post to the topic at hand so please see the post marked as the answer from Sky as that is all that is known at present.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Jimbo7218 This message was authored by: Jimbo7218

Re: OTP not being sent

We have suddenly experienced problems in not recieiving OTP's but only from our Bank who blame SKY for the problem.  Viewing the issues raised here it is a long standing problem and SKY do not seem to be doing anything about it! Any suggestions other than changing networks?

Jim

This message was authored by Medwen This message was authored by: Medwen

Been on the phone again to sky re not receiving OTP for Santander   They are aware of " technical issues " and have escalated to senior technical team  they are still saying problem on bank side  have said issue should be resolved 3 to 5 working days  they have  waivered next two months mobile bill.......  this is  so inconvenient and frustrating ! 

This message was authored by Hanlou72 This message was authored by: Hanlou72

It's definitely not the banks side , it's SKY's . How long does it take them to sort technical issues out ?? It's appalling service .

I've phoned them again today was hung up on when telling person my issue ! Called again told it's the banks fault which I told them it's but ! I was then told to download Santander's app and use a trustred device to set up banking ! I said my trusted device is my phone and when I tried to do this on Saturday it's asking for an OTP text to verify which I informed the agent is the issue as to why I'm calling as I can't receive them . I was then placed on hold for 10 mins and I hung up as I have things to do other than sit on the phone to SKY . I'm so fed up with !!! 

This message was authored by SLB42 This message was authored by: SLB42

Not been able to receive OTP code from Santander since I started to try yesterday , been on chat with bank , they say codes are been sent and issue must be with sky itself . 
has the issue been resolved yet ? 

No not resolved and sky are saying it's the bank which it isn't ! I had the same  conversation with my bank on Saturday . 

This message was authored by Johnny+Clarke This message was authored by: Johnny+Clarke

IIt's a month since the original poster shared this issue, and 3 weeks since it first started impacting me. This is a ridiculous amount of time, and the Santander employee I spoke to confirmed it's not the first time either.

I've filed a formal compaint asking for confirmation on what is being done to resolve the issue & in what timeframe. I've also asked them what compensation we will be due, but I don't expect much will come of that!

(removed)

Moderator note: Removed for campaigning.

This message was authored by cataddy This message was authored by: cataddy

I've just phoned Sky about this having been in touch previously with Santander who say it's a Sky issue. The gentleman I spoke to said that, yes this is a Sky issue, that the engineers are working on it now and that it will be fixed by 4pm. I suggest we all watch out for flying pigs!

This message was authored by Rose21x This message was authored by: Rose21x

Has anyone had any luck? Nearly hitting two weeks where I haven't been able to make payments for wages and bills. Appalling service. Hitting 4pm and it's not looking any brighter

This message was authored by qwertyuiop3 This message was authored by: qwertyuiop3

4pm where? not uk, it seems.

This message was authored by qwertyuiop3 This message was authored by: qwertyuiop3

just spoken to 2 different "assistants" on the same call and they didnt even seem to knoe there was an ongoing issue. just ineptitude on a grand scale.

This message was authored by The+Bookman This message was authored by: The+Bookman

I can no longer receive OTPs from either Shawbrook Bank or Tesco but, confusingly, I can from eBay. The very nice Sky Customer Service rep has no idea what the problem is, DOES know it's an 'ongoing' issue  and tells me to wait 8-9 working days. So that's 2 weeks then. He has also promised me a 'loss of service' credit, whatever that may amount.

Next stop, the CEO.

This message was authored by Laura2020201 This message was authored by: Laura2020201

I'm still on hold to sky now. Santander told me it must be the sky network as its all ok from their end.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion