Discussion topic: OTP not being sent

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: OTP not being sent

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Laura2020201 wrote:

I'm still on hold to sky now

Did you not see this post from Sky from earlier in this topic:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Mobile/OTP-not-being-sent/m-p/4590729/highlight/true#M197319

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jeffstingdavies This message was authored by: jeffstingdavies

No OTP's received from Santander for the 4th day.
My Santander on line account is now locked so I cannot log in to my Santander on line account, let along get their App working. Very frustrating to say the least.

Santander advised me today to contact Sky because their records indicate that OTP's  have been sent from their end, every time for the 4th consecutive day. Glad in a way to see that the fault is with Sky even just to see where the fault lies..

I have an Android Mobile phone whilst my wife (the account holder) has an Apple Mobile phone.
We don't know whether this issue is only with Android phones.
Right now, my wife's mobile is working and she can log in to Santander using her App using Sky Mobile service but she daren't risk an experiement, forcing an OTP to be sent to her to test eg, (request a new password) in case she is then also unable to receive any OTP's. 

We are wondering if this issue is only on Android phones and not Apple phones?

Meantime, so sorry to see how many people are being affected over such sa long period of time.

Let's all hope the fault is resolved by Sky ASAP!

This message was authored by BobbyGooding This message was authored by: BobbyGooding

It's not just Android as I had the issue on iPhone. Just glad it happened within my cooling off period. Contacting Sky today to return the phone and end my contract was actually the most painless part of the last two weeks. Feel for those who aren't as lucky and are stuck with this problem. 

This message was authored by cataddy This message was authored by: cataddy

It seems to be working at last!

Fingers crossed it stays working.

This message was authored by Rose21x This message was authored by: Rose21x

Still not working

This message was authored by TomB82 This message was authored by: TomB82

Upgraded my phone yesterday, existing Sky customer so same number and sim. Not receiving OTPs from Santander or verification messages from Apple! 
Impossible to set up a phone without these messages coming through!

This message was authored by qwertyuiop3 This message was authored by: qwertyuiop3

after 17 days, it worked this morning. but for how long......?!

How frustrating that it's working with some and not others!

This message was authored by jeffstingdavies This message was authored by: jeffstingdavies

Just for everyone to know, OTP's are now coming through within a few seconds.
Someone has been busy fixing things - thank you.

Still not receiving.

This message was authored by Hanlou72 This message was authored by: Hanlou72

I am now a week without OTP's and still not resolved ! Can I get compensation for this ?

This message was authored by Hotspur+Vik This message was authored by: Hotspur+Vik

Can you get an update on when the issue will be resolved? I have just found this thread as I have been having the same problem, and spent the first week chasing Santander, but it is clearly a Sky Mobile problem. I have not been able to do my banking for over a week, and now it seems there is nothing more I can do but wait indefinitely for the problem to be fixed while continuing to pay for my service?

This message was authored by Johnny+Clarke This message was authored by: Johnny+Clarke

Finally working for me, 3 weeks after it first became an issue. It's been an absolute joke, and I'll be leaving if it ever happens again (Santander told me its been an issue in the past as well).

Also, my last 2 posts here were deleted because I encouraged others to lodge formal complaints with Sky. So to make sure this one is allowed to stay.... make sure you never complain or tell others to complain when you receive poor service 😉

This message was authored by The+Bookman This message was authored by: The+Bookman

Still nothing from either Shawbrook bank or Tesco.

This message was authored by Laura2020201 This message was authored by: Laura2020201

Or santander

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion