Discussion topic: Roaming Passport Plus Not Working

This message was authored by Island_Living This message was authored by: Island_Living

Re: Roaming Passport Plus Not Working

Since my trip to Tenerife where I had this problem, I have not had the chance to switch away from Sky Mobile. And last week I was in Isle of Man for few days and had the exact same problem, the roaming didn't switch on automatically and no amount of sim refreshing helped. Really poor showing from Sky Mobile. Definitely switching before I travel next month.

This message was authored by MickB1 This message was authored by: MickB1

Has this been resolved.? We had to wait nearly 24 hours for roaming to be activated on 2 recent trips to Spain whereas vodaphone kicked in as soon as we landed. Sounds like an ongoing problem with Sky so we'll have to move to Vodaphone.

This message was authored by SK2185 This message was authored by: SK2185

I am in Germany. Passport plus not working. Transferred lotsbof data from piggy bank. Unable to connnect to internet. Please escalate and help 

This message was authored by Connor221 This message was authored by: Connor221

Stuck in France and roaming not working. I followed the troubleshooting guides, attempted the fixes and still nothing. I'm disabled and rely on my phone for everything, without it I'm stuck in the hotel and unable to get around. 

This message was authored by Hannahh This message was authored by: Hannahh

Re: No signal whilst abroad Spain

Hi, 

I am also having this issue - I have removed the spending cap and have my roaming on but I keep receiving a message from Sky saying my passport can't be activated? I have removed and re-inserted my sim, switched on and off and tried everything else I can think of. 

I need to be able to get online as we are out and about and WiFi isn't readily available - pleas can you advise how I can rectify this asap?

thanks!  

This message was authored by T7United This message was authored by: T7United

Same issue. In Gran Canaria. Had it for about 8 hours, then nothing. Tried all settings. @

This message was authored by Malachy+Byrne This message was authored by: Malachy+Byrne

My wife and I ended up paying £40 between us (10 days x £2) for the roaming passport in Lanzarote in January. Mobile Internet would come on for a few minutes each day, meaning we were charged by Sky but for 99% of each 24 hours, mobile Internet was dead on each of our phones.

I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of phoning Sky about it when I got home tbh, so I just paid it. I just want it fixed by the next time I go abroad. I had hoped Sky would be monitoring this messageboard proactivelyand found a solution by now, but given the ongoing issues they are clearly not. 

This message was authored by Davie+TEE This message was authored by: Davie+TEE

Yes same here - drop the 5g connection and select 2g/3g atuo connect - waited and hr or so and connected to YOIGO Network - did notice theSim being reset a few times by sky- **bleep** poor around, I only recently moved to sky after giff gaff conned me after a fold repair - non to pleased  

This message was authored by EmmaMorris This message was authored by: EmmaMorris

POTENTIAL FIX - I landed in Lanzarote on Sunday - both me and my Husband have Sky SIM cards and we have both used them here on previous visits with no issues. The only difference on this journey was that I had changed my handset to a different Samsung model but with the same SIM. My Husband has an iPhone.

On landing I switched my phone on and it kept coming up with 'refreshing SIM data' and refused to connect but my Husband's connected to Orange within 5mins. 

I went through all the online help articles and nothing worked.

Today my Husband suggested putting my SIM in his phone and within a few minutes it connected to Orange and my roaming passport activated. Popped the SIM back in my phone and hey presto, it's working (for now!)

Will be taking the phone out later to make sure it stays connected away from the villa Wi-Fi signal.

This message was authored by Cathiedaniel131 This message was authored by: Cathiedaniel131

Mobile not working in Spain requesting sim data. Says can only make emergency calls , using my husba

Mobile not working in Spain advises can only make emergency calls advises requesting sim data advises not registered on the network ok 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Mobile not working in Spain requesting sim data. Says can only make emergency calls , using my h

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cathiedaniel131 

Sky customers have been reporting problems in Spain for a few months now which are well reported on here. Unfortunately to date we haven't seen news of a fix.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Lisa1948 This message was authored by: Lisa1948

I’m abroad in Spain I arrange my roaming before I left uk , I’m unable to make calls or text message

I'm in Spain I arranged  my roaming for here before I left uk but I can't make calls or text messages phone keeps saying no sim

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: I’m abroad in Spain I arrange my roaming before I left uk , I’m unable to make calls or text mes

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lisa1948 

There have been roaming issues in Spain for a month or two which Sky are aware of.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Bezoar This message was authored by: Bezoar

Re: I’m abroad in Spain I arrange my roaming before I left uk , I’m unable to make calls or text mes

I have just arrived home from a cruise to Spain and the Canary Islands. Sky would not connect with Telenor Maritime, Orange or Movistar, whereas my trusty old EE pay-as-you go phone worked. Goodbye Sky when my contract is up!

This message was authored by Davie+TEE This message was authored by: Davie+TEE

Absolute nightmare - i recently switched to sky mobile and so it was the first time abroad using sky and i disnt get a connection for the full week in Gran Canaria - it seemed to work swithing off 4/5G and selecting 2/3 but it was afalse dawn. other people on the various chats are reporting the same issue with some atleast getting connected using 2/3G. Considering switching back to GIFFGAFF where i didnt have asingle issue abroad 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion