Discussion topic: Roaming Passport Plus Not Working

This message was authored by NickiFree This message was authored by: NickiFree

Re: Roaming not working

I'm also having the exact same problem, have arrived in Spain today, no welcome rears then a load of random messages from hours ago, now can't connect to a network so can't make or receive calls.  Tried all the online steps only to be told at the last one that my sim doesn't allow connection to the network.  I had no issues with this in July when I travelled so am perplexed at what the issue is now.

This message was authored by NickiFree This message was authored by: NickiFree

Is there a roaming issue in Spain?

I've seen a few posts where people are experiencing issues with connecting to networks in Spain and am wondering if this is a widespread issue?

I arrived in Spain yesterday and have not been able to connect to a network since leaving the U K.  I e tried all of the online steps multiple times, none of which has worked.  I had no issues in July with roaming, so wasn't expecting this issue to occur.

As someone who travels solo, it is extremely concerning that I now have no way of contacting anyone in an emergency, so any help on how to get it working would be most appreciated.

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Is there a roaming issue in Spain?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @NickiFree  as you say there does seem to be quite a few reports of this. To see if sky can do anything to help I will escalate your post to sky so look out for a coloured speech bubble on here inviting you to a private chat. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Is there a roaming issue in Spain?

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

This message was authored by ruby1 This message was authored by: ruby1

Can't connect in Greece.

Hi I'm currently in Greece and cannot connect to any Network, tried all the online help, switching it on and off. Wifi fine but can't call or text. Help please. Thank you 😊
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Can't connect in Greece.

@ruby1  is roaming active on your device 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by ruby1 This message was authored by: ruby1

Re: Can't connect in Greece.

Hi yes everything is on, that I think should be 🙄
This message was authored by katherineclark33 This message was authored by: katherineclark33

Unable to access roaming passport Abruzzo italy

Hi I cannot access roaming passport because I can't make a telephone call to UK. I have done everything else needed. Any help please

Re: Unable to access roaming passport Abruzzo italy

Hi @katherineclark33  to try and get you some help I have escalated your post to sky so look out for a coloured speech bubble on here inviting you to a private chat. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: No signal whilst abroad Spain

You are not the first person to report this issue over the last few days while in Spain so there does appear to be a fault so at present I'm not sure there is much you can do.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Hi @Wallings  there have been a few reports on here like yours so to try and get you some help I will escalate your post to sky so look out for a coloured speech bubble on here inviting you to a private chat. 

Wallings
Topic Author
This message was authored by Wallings This message was authored by: Wallings

Thanks both, seems to be hit and miss as someone on the trip with sky and no issues, frustrating.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Unable to access roaming passport Abruzzo italy

Posted by a Sky employee

This message was authored by Nitram+Yelgab This message was authored by: Nitram+Yelgab

Cant access Sky passport from Menorca

Hi My wife has just landed in Menorca and her sky mobile phone will not connect to a network and she cant get any text messages to activate her sky passport. Wifi only connecting in hotel. Please can you suggest anything to help?

Posted by a Sky employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion