Discussion topic: Roaming Passport Plus Not Working

This message was authored by Sarah17 This message was authored by: Sarah17

Re: Roaming Passport Plus Not Working

@caesarome hi, this has worked, thank you.  

I'm a bit confused though as I was told by a Sky adviser that there was a known network outage and that it would be resolved within 24 hours. 24 hours came and went and still nothing but this has just fixed it. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

This message was authored by Sarah17 This message was authored by: Sarah17

Not sure why there's a gender symbol in my last post 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

This message was authored by JCE This message was authored by: JCE

Hi I arrived in Majorca yesterday and mine isn't working either. I need my phone so I'm very frustrated by it all. My friends is working fine which is more frustrating and when I arrived at the hotel, it pinged in to life and was fine, then disappeared an hour later. Can't call sky because I can only make calls through WhatsApp! Only just joined sky too so I'm very annoyed.

This message was authored by Chomps This message was authored by: Chomps

We are at the minute trying to cancel our sky mobile,sky are being very naughty ,my wife has been to Europe 4 times past year and not once been able to use phone,change provider,I'm with bt never once had a problem with roaming and it's free,

Weemo

I was with EE but changed due to their poor signal at home but can't get over how bad Sky's service has been. Can't even call them to complain! 

This message was authored by Solotraveller This message was authored by: Solotraveller

Same here on Fuerteventura as everyone else, tried changing settings, connecting to different suppliers (never allowed)  cant contact sky!  New to sky mobile as well and made sure this kind of thing wouldn't be an issue by contacting them before I switched!   Fuming 50's+ female solo traveller here.   You've dumped and deserted me abroad, so maybe I'll do the same on my return to the UK.

I managed to get sky through messenger and have tried to connect to different providers and it has worked but not sure for how long as it came back in last night and disappeared again this morning ☹️

This message was authored by Debi340 This message was authored by: Debi340

I spent 10 days in Spain, without data. I couldn't make any phone calls even on wifi !  I reported this to Sky , went through all the procedures, nothing worked . On returning to UK I called Sky and they said that they had escalated my concerns to the highest level.  I have rung numerous times and get the same answers.

I want to return my phone.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Debi340 wrote:

I want to return my phone.

@Debi340 
I presume you are no longer in the cooling off period (which is 31 days). If you’ve had it more than 31 days you can't send it back without incurring substantial charges. Some more information is available here
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-mobile-phone-or-tablet-refund

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Hi @Debi340  you can only return your phone if you are still within your 31 day cooling off period. If you have had your sim more than 12 months you can cancel your sky sim and get a sim elsewhere. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.

I'm back in the UK now and have put in a complaint to Sky as for the tiny amount of time I was connected, I have still been charged! Will see if they respond.

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

These things do seem to happen but at the end of the day these are mobile services which can't be guaranteed at all times. This is from the Sky T&C's (will appear after moderation). 

IMG_0661.jpeg

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.

@NickiFree  Please tell us the secret?

This message was authored by dxxxxxxx This message was authored by: dxxxxxxx

Re: No signal whilst abroad Spain

I am in Spain, similar to other people who have had issues. When I first arrived I got the welcome message and used data and made calls for the first few hours. I am now no longer showing a signal on my iPhone and can't make or receive calls and only access data through local Wi-Fi connection. I have been through the steps in the sky help guide checking settings, etc. has anyone got any ideas on what else I can try please?

I am still waiting for an answer from Sky as to why I received no data for 10 days!  Every time I contact them they say they have pushed my question/problem to the top of the pile. I am now suppose to hear from them tomorrow the 29th. I'm not holding my breath.  This is obviously a problem Sky has, just no one wants to admit it!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion