Discussion topic: Roaming Passport Plus Not Working

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Roaming not working in Spain

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sweetmom 

As the thread title mentions Spain I presume you're in Spain in which case the reply from @63johnw applies to you too. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by scotsartist1969 This message was authored by: scotsartist1969

Mobile not working in Spain

Hi

I'm aware Sky mobile has had connection/signal issues in Spain recently, has the issue been resolved or is there a fix because I'm stuck here now with no signal. Exhausted all the help suggestions, not able to connect to any of the available networks. 

Are Sky offering compensation for these issues? Hardly seems right to be paying for a service they aren't supplying! 

NKean
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Mobile not working in Spain

@scotsartist1969 

Have you got your spend cap set to include at least £2 a day for each day you'll be there? I'll move your post into the main thread on this. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

@scotsartist1969 wrote:

Hi

I'm aware Sky mobile has had connection/signal issues in Spain recently, has the issue been resolved or is there a fix because I'm stuck here now with no signal. Exhausted all the help suggestions, not able to connect to any of the available networks. 

Are Sky offering compensation for these issues? Hardly seems right to be paying for a service they aren't supplying! 

Hi @scotsartist1969 I can't see them offering any compensation as in the roaming T&C's they state that roaming cannot always be guaranteed. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by scotsartist1969 This message was authored by: scotsartist1969

So convenient deniability! And I can't phone customer service because I can't get a signal to use my phone 🤬

NKean
This message was authored by sweepsd This message was authored by: sweepsd

No service Lanzarote

Hi I can see various discussions about sky mobile and no service in Spain.  Has this been fixed?  Just arrived in Lanzarote and have been unable to get a service.  Tried manual connection, requesting APN etc. Nothing working

TIA

Andy

This message was authored by Nicky12 This message was authored by: Nicky12

Re: Roaming Passport Plus Not Working

This is just ridiculous. Can't connect to network and the constant Refreshing Sim Data is draining my phone and in the middle of a city with no google maps working.

I have taken out the sim 2 days ago for 5 min and put it back and that stopped the Refreshing Sim Data issue but the problem is back. You can't even get to talk to an advisor in the chat these days. What an awful service from Sky and I can't even phone Sky as I'm not connected to a network yet pay £2 a day roaming. What a joke.

This message was authored by Island_Living This message was authored by: Island_Living

Same issue right now after landing in Tenerife this morning. No usual welcome to _______ message,  tried restarting phone numerous times,  also following Sky's online instructions. Nothing has worked so far. Only option left is to call them directly. Only if the roaming wad working I would have been able to call Sky but then why would I need to call them?!?!?!?!

Rather shambolic from Sky. Definitely switching myself and the family to another provider as soon as I am back in UK.

This message was authored by Nicky12 This message was authored by: Nicky12

I took out the sim and left it for 15 min. Put it back in and still same problems but then I decided to change it to 2G only and low and behold, that stopped the Refreshing sim data. After an hour I changed it to 3G etc and it's ok now.

That really suggests that it's Sky's sim network that just can't connect to the 5G in Spain. Absolutely rubbish and I spent over an hour with an advisor and then got cut off and that was it. He never bothered calling back and the advisors only go by all the methods that you find here in the community so no point in ringing. Good luck!

This message was authored by Malachy+Byrne This message was authored by: Malachy+Byrne

My wife and I both have samsungs on Sky Mobile. We've had the same issue since arriving in Lanzarote yesterday. All settings enabled and only intermittently connects to orange. Phone s keep on saying 'refreshing sim data'. Time on phone keeps on reverting to the incorrect Madrid time. 

No doubt Sky will be charging us £2 per day for the few minutes the orange network is active.

Very poor from Sky Mobile this issue has been ongoing for so long. 

This message was authored by zukini This message was authored by: zukini

Your solution worked for me 4g is fine 5g is broken. 

So find your mobile settings and set it to 4g (remember to put it back when home in the UK)

For me (Pixel) it's under preferred network type in the internet settings but I know other phones will vary. 

This message was authored by Sanj1 This message was authored by: Sanj1

We arrived in Spain yesterday

csnnot make/receive calls or texts

have tried the usual tricks

This message was authored by FrankB69 This message was authored by: FrankB69

Re: No signal whilst abroad Spain

I do not see any answer to this question. I was thinking of moving my phone to Sky, but I need a provider that works

This message was authored by Debi340 This message was authored by: Debi340

@FrankB69 Personally I would not recommend Sky mobile.  I live in the country so it may be the signal is especially weak here,  but tbh I frequently have signal problems and the phone did not work in Spain.  For a week I had no phone in Europe, it was a nightmare, I never got compensation when promised.

This message was authored by Jimmer1611 This message was authored by: Jimmer1611

Has anyone (or sky) found a solution for this? 

I've had to use an esim as a work around but it's very frustrating. 

Luckily I'm not in contract with sky SIM and will be changing carrier when home.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion