Discussion topic: Unable to contact Sky on mobile and online

This message was authored by chikerema This message was authored by: chikerema

Unable to contact Sky on mobile and online

Hello,

My account has been blocked and i am unable to get in touch with sky via phone and online chat because it states it needs to be reinstated.

i got in contact with sky previously about making the outstanding payment on my next bill and they aggreed. they mentioned my services wouldnt be restricted unless my direct debit was cancelled and i never cancelled it but i got a message from sky saying my payment method has changed to invoice, so im assuming thats the reason but that doesnt make sense as i didnt cancel my direct debit.

Can someone connect me to a agent through sky chat please as i have no access to contacting sky.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Unable to contact Sky on mobile and online

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@chikerema  I'm afraid no customer services adviser can stop account restrictions due to unpaid bills, you will need to pay what you owe & setup a new direct debit before services are restricted.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@chikerema 

It appears you were wrongly advised. The restriction process is automated. We've been informed agents cannot override it no matter what they may tell you. If your services have been restricted (and it’s normally only a missed payment that triggers this), I’m afraid Sky won’t reinstate them until you’ve paid what is owed in full and set up a new continuous payment method. If your payment is two or more weeks overdue you will have to pay the next bill as well. Any calls to Sky will only prompt you to make your payment.

If you can’t pay what you owe in one go you can pay what you want, but until the bill is fully paid Sky will not reinstate your services. Sky don't allow payment plans on overdue live accounts, nor will they consider promises to pay on or by a certain date.

Once your full payment has cleared and is in Sky’s account your services should be reinstated, but this may not be instant. Any payment you make over a weekend or on a Bank Holiday isn’t likely to be processed until the following week as banks are closed.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
chikerema
Topic Author

Based on previous experiences, that wasnt what i was told on the phone when i spoke to them.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@chikerema   Regardless of what you were told the advice by myself & @Daniel0210  is correct.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

chikerema
Topic Author

understood, they were wrong by the sounds of it. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@chikerema 

I'd added this to my first post which you may have missed:-

The restriction process is automated. We've been informed agents cannot override it no matter what they may tell you. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Claire110 This message was authored by: Claire110

Im having the exact same problem what did they do to solve it 

many thanks

@Claire110 wrote:

Im having the exact same problem what did they do to solve it 

many thanks

@Claire110 

Nothing for Sky to solve. If your services have been restricted then you hav3 to follow the guidance in the posts above by @GD1 and myself. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Stan67 This message was authored by: Stan67

Sky incorrectly assumed I'm in arrears, I cancelled by phone but they never actioned it. 

I was promised a call.back once they'd reviewed the recorded call when I cancelled, that's not happened after 7 weeks. 

Now I've had another demand for payment, and can't call, email or use any so called "help" finctuon on social media to get anywhere, unless I pay money I don't owe. I have zero faith after all this that I'll ever get it back. That Sky don't have a procedure for these circumstances is pathetic. 

Is there any way of contacting them at all to resolve this?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion