Discussion topic: Unable to use mobile data

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Ba11y1 This message was authored by: Ba11y1

Re: Unable to use mobile data

I also have this issue, not had mobile data working so only have Internet via WiFi. Sky have checked the local mast and there's no issue but it does not matter where I am.

This message was authored by CKR1 This message was authored by: CKR1

I don't have time to go to the money shop. Can someone tell me the phone number to call to request a SIM exchange or cancel?

This message was authored by Anne+Marie+F This message was authored by: Anne+Marie+F

We have put the sky sim in a different phone and that now seems to be working, suggesting it's the iPhone 15 pro max. We haven't had an issue with the phone until this signal outage. Looks like we will need to take the phone to the Apple Store. 

This message was authored by hesk1912 This message was authored by: hesk1912

Doubt it is the phone. I put mine in another phone and it still didn't work.

anyway I have now moved- got my PAC on Tuesday and new Sim with new provider activated today. 
it's very easy to change and Sky will be losing all my business by the end of the year I

This message was authored by JasonDe This message was authored by: JasonDe

I put my SIM in another phone and it didn't work. I put the other SIM in my phone and it did work. The problem must be the SIM. 

This message was authored by 1Teagan This message was authored by: 1Teagan

Cant make or receive calls or use mobile data

Been two days now. Cant get the issue resolved and need a phone

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Cant make or receive calls or use mobile data

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@1Teagan 

I take it it's a mobile phone issue? You've  posted on the Sky Talk landline board. 

Edit: post moved 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by 1Teagan This message was authored by: 1Teagan

Yes. Didn't realise there was more than one

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@1Teagan 

I'll merge your post to a thread discussing recent problems like this. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

My data randomly just started working this morning. Hopefully it is here to stay, but clearly something has been done at Sky to fix an issue. 

This message was authored by Andymac This message was authored by: Andymac

Service finally back this morning. I had a long call with a very helpful Sky CS Operative yesterday, who tried various things then escalated my fault within a 'known issue' workstream. I was also assured that I would not be charged for the no-data period. Signal is better now, too, with some 5g spots around my semi-rural villlage in Angus. 

This message was authored by JohnT31 This message was authored by: JohnT31

Have tried everything but still not working! Replacement SIM received and still doing the same thing (working on Wi-Fi but not outside of Wi-Fi area). Ready to throw the phone out of the window.....

This message was authored by Wim1 This message was authored by: Wim1

Ok. I tried every fix and ordered a replacement sim and guess what? Yep still not able to access data. Its not a mast issue as I have travelled from Cornwall to Birmingham and back in the last 24 hours and I still can't use data. My husband managed to speak to an actual human and they ran through everything I have tried. They were stumped so have escalated this higher. They did mention compensation aswell. Fingers crossed this is resolved ASAP. I will move everything if not.

Also I'm really disappointed that to speak to a human is nigh on impossible 😕 

This message was authored by Anne+Marie+F This message was authored by: Anne+Marie+F

My sim isn't working in my sons phone but is in mine and his sky sim works in mine, it appears at this moment it is now his iPhone 15 that's the issue. Going to the Apple Store today. He didn't have an issues until sky went down. 

It seems like a lot of people are saying it is their iPhone 15 that is affected. Mine is also, although I have data now, just not iMessage. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion