Discussion topic: Unable to use mobile data

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Davy

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@coxy22 

Have a look at the post currently marked as the answer (post 2) as your issue is likely connected. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Jo1970 This message was authored by: Jo1970

Re: Unable to use mobile data

UPDATE- I am now receiving text messages a few days after some had been sent. 

Now appear to currently have everything working without any more long winded calls to Sky!

This message was authored by JohnT31 This message was authored by: JohnT31

Re: Davy

Post 2 is just the set of instructions that we have all followed and got nowhere. The only solution I have been offered by any Sky employee is to go to another provider and this is what I am having to resort to.

This message was authored by Wim1 This message was authored by: Wim1

I can now access data. All back up and working.

This message was authored by lec111 This message was authored by: lec111

Still not working for me. I can make and receive calls, and send/receive texts but still no data working. Rang Sky to complain (useless, he had no clue about the issues). Spoke to the team to get PAC code and he said he'll also get a replacement sim out to try (as sim has been swapped with a working sim and it's not the handset). Not holding my breath though!

This message was authored by coxy22 This message was authored by: coxy22

• Same here not working done all the tricks and used 3 different phones still no joy my daughter got sim sim and he's works ok and we got them the same time 
This message was authored by derrygirl This message was authored by: derrygirl

Unable to use data, but it only started on the 17/4. Can...

Unable to use data, but it only started on the 17/4. Can use text and calls, but getting error message "conditional call forwarding active" when making calls.  Tried all the apn settings, resets and replaced sim. Tried my partner sky sim in my phone and it works fine. Tried my sim in his phone and have the same problems as my phone.  Sim issue but no one seems to have any answers 😒

New sim arrived and didnt fix the issue as predicted. Got my PAC and new sim only deal ordered with Smarty. Seems to be the only solution!

Any one got number so I can ring them 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@coxy22 

The free number to use is just 150.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Had a text about an hour ago... still not fixed for me. At this stage will be leaving even if fixed later today, fed up with Sky Mobile now.

"Hi, it's Sky; Thank you for filling out our form on the Sky Community. We're aware of an issue affecting the service that should now be fixed. NoReply"

Me to been 4 days now 

This message was authored by JohnT31 This message was authored by: JohnT31

Moved to Vodafone (and took my old number with me using PAC code) and everything is working properly again. Shame that this appears to be the only solution 🤦‍♂️

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thank you very much for filling out the form we created above. We've managed to identify an issue with the network that has affected some users on this thread, this should now be fixed and we've contacted as many users as possible.

There are other examples we've found on this thread where we have not been able to see any obvious issues with the network and it is working as expected. I recommend going through our online Help guide for assistance (as we can see some users on the thread do not have Mobile Data switched on), you can do this here and if you are still experiencing issues please feel free to create a separate post on the Community or contact Sky directly.

Thank you,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion