Discussion topic: Unable to use mobile data

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Tiegen This message was authored by: Tiegen

Mobile data not working

I understand there was an issue with mobile data usage a few days ago. My phone is still not able to connect to Internet, receive or make calls and texts without being connected to WiFi. My phone says 4g ect but nothing is working without being connected to WiFi. I have switched phone on and off. Taken sim out and back in.unsure what else to do?
This message was authored by Blackn This message was authored by: Blackn

Re: Mobile data not working

I resorted to desperate measures ( sim was out of contract, and not an important number to keep) and I've started a new contract and cancelled the old one. 

This message was authored by Fed-up2024 This message was authored by: Fed-up2024

Re: Unable to use mobile data

I've tried all the suggested fixes and I still don't have any mobile data. I've received messages saying everything is fixed but it's clearly not. 

Thank you. I just have a running sim and not contracted to phone if that makes sense. It's more I don't want to be paying for something that doesn't work ect 

This message was authored by JakeButcher This message was authored by: JakeButcher

This is unacceptable from sky. What is going on? Why can't we request network settings from the app if all is ok? I can the other thread has been locked by yourself. Sky trying to keep this on the down low? I've wiped the SIM, reset phone settings, airplane mode, done a rain dance, said the alphabet backwards. It's not working. Replacement SIM on the way. If this doesn't work our 3 mobile sims are going elsewhere. And yes the other 2 are working fine...

Yeah I have tried all that also but a sun dance and that still didn't work! The robot you talk to also is no use and doesn't give the option to talk with a real person. Both mine and my neices are not working and we are both separate sim contracts with sky. It's I'm missing so many calls and texts when I'm not connected to WiFi which is no good incase of emergencies ect 

This message was authored by Denmanhammer This message was authored by: Denmanhammer

My wife's phone started working after a reset (she hadn't touched any settings). Mine was still not working.

If you have a phone in your home that does work and one that doesn't copy the Access point names (APN) from the working one.

This made mine start to work again miraculously.

We both have Motorola's, so all the settings will be in different places for other phones. The Motorola is under Network & Internet, Mobile network and the access point names are at the bottom.

I tried the link on Mysky but it wasn't working.

Hope this may help some.

Thank you. Will give this a try. Hopefully works soon or unfortunately will have to stop sim with sky as paying for something that doesn't work. Disappointing as its always been so reliable 

This message was authored by HR278 This message was authored by: HR278

@Daniel-F I have not been able to use my data for just under a week now, upon calling sky I was told nothing can be done, understandable, if theres an issue with the services near my home thats fine. However,  my data is not working anywhere, if I move into a new area (rather far from home) I still have no service whatsoever, so no calls, texts, or data. As a young woman who travels to and from work and education I find it rather appalling that a solution is yet to be found, at least from a safety point of view. Honestly considering to switch to Vodaphone as their ceullar services tend to be more stable! 

Any inidcation as to when this can be resolved would be wonderful, thank you. 

This message was authored by HR278 This message was authored by: HR278

It's quite bad that we're paying for a service that does'nt work. I called sky and was told as far as incentives for the inconvenience they would'nt be able to help.

This message was authored by Fed-up2024 This message was authored by: Fed-up2024

I'm voting with my feet, have just ordered a sim from a different network. Pretty poor show from Sky.

This message was authored by CKR1 This message was authored by: CKR1

I found this thread after 6 days of internet cuts every 10 minutes. I'm sure there are many people in the same situation. Why should I continue to pay for a company that doesn't connect? I'm thinking of switching to a different company, would VOXY be a good choice?

This message was authored by JasonDe This message was authored by: JasonDe

If the issue isn't resolved or a clear reason provided by the end of tomorrow, this needs to go to OFCOM. 

This message was authored by CKR1 This message was authored by: CKR1

Isn't it a big problem for a mobile company to not be able to provide a stable network for such a long time? Why is Sky lying about their network being stable?

This message was authored by Jmak1 This message was authored by: Jmak1

After 2 weeks with no data and still not reselolved this is truely unacceptable. I have made a complaint no call back either. Very poor customer service. I am surprise this has not make to the press. I have now changed provider received new sim in one day and transferred to my old number the following day. Get my data back again at last but not SKY.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion