Discussion topic: Upgraded Phone - issue with Sim

This message was authored by Jenniferinblue This message was authored by: Jenniferinblue

Upgraded Phone - issue with Sim

Hi. I've upgraded my daughter's mobile. It says to put the old SIM in the new phone and away we can go. But it's not picking up the new data package we have with the new phone. On my app it keeps saying to activate the new SIM that came with the phone but it's impossible to do that as it either thinks I'm joining Sky Mobile from another provider or thinks it's a new account. Any advice? 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Upgraded Phone - issue with Sim

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you have ordered a new new data package then the chances are it is on the new sim so if you use that and activate it you should then see it. This will mean that your daughter will have a new number.

To see if you can keep her current number give Sky a call on 150 and ask them if they will apply this new data plan to her current sim and if they will do this ask them to cancel the new sim if you did activate it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion