Discussion topic: Why am I not allowed to make calls.?

This message was authored by shaun+leeming This message was authored by: shaun+leeming

Why am I not allowed to make calls.?

This has happened twice this week. The automotive service says "your not allowed to call this number. Please check your settings online". Then it just hangs up. This is for every phone number in my phone.

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: Why am I not allowed to make calls.?

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you so for bringing this problem to our attention, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience it may be causing.

We have passed the details onto to our support teams to be investigated.

Possible workaround: You may be able to complete the call by adding +44 or 0044 and missing out the first 0 of the telephone number.  Providing you are in the UK, you will not be charged for making these calls, if they usually covered in your calling plan.

I'm going to mark the thread as answered so that others can see this update without having to read the entire thread. By marking the thread as answered, it doesn't mean that we've stopped investigating and will update the thread as soon as we know a fix has been implemented.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Can you call Sky so they can look into it for you, if you can 150 is the number to call them on and when you do say nothing when asked about your call as the bot should route you to an adviser.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Benney42 This message was authored by: Benney42

Hi I'm getting exactly the same error message 🤷 did you resolve this? 

This message was authored by abcdefghij1234567 This message was authored by: abcdefghij1234567

I had the same, reset network. Go to settings, general management, reset, reset network, enter phone code, restart phone. 

This message was authored by abcdefghij1234567 This message was authored by: abcdefghij1234567

I went to 150 and did network reset it does work however its happening multiple times a day. I was told i would get a call back within an hour but they didn't phone back its been a few days so they obviously not calling back. Its annoying having to go through this process it changes settings. Im also getting a message onscreen saying conditional call forwarding which ive never had before so i dont know whats going on at sky, i still get the message that this number doesn't exist ive had this issue for years and sky never fixed it. 

This message was authored by Ann2052 This message was authored by: Ann2052

Cannot make calls to landlines says you are not allowed to call this number still going on after nu

Still cannot make calls to landlines .says you are not allowed to call this number ,problem been going on for 5weeks ,new sim put in ,no difference airplane mode on and  off still doesn't work. Exhausted , living alone this is dangerous 

This message was authored by gregrogers This message was authored by: gregrogers

Re: Cannot make calls to landlines says you are not allowed to call this number still going on afte

I've had nothing but issues with making calls on Sky, I am almost 100% certain that they have a network issue that they are well aware of so a replacement phone/sim card won't fix it. I have just switched providers and I was able to set up an eSim on my phone and instantly I was able to make calls again and I have saved money moving providers. 

This message was authored by Rebecca78 This message was authored by: Rebecca78

I cant make phone calls

For the last few weeks, I can't make calls it always says - you are not allowed to call this number, please check your settings online. 

I have restarted my phone and then can make calls but not working.

I have called sky, been offered an upgrade and the new phone is still saying the same thing when I try to make a call  😔 

This message was authored by Steve50 This message was authored by: Steve50

My phone  been  like  it for  weeks  rang 150 got new  sim still  can't  ring  out sky are rubbish 

Another of people  in same  boat  sky  not  bothered 

This message was authored by Samsung+A52+5g This message was authored by: Samsung+A52+5g

I have had the same problem for a few weeks.  Tried all the stuff suggested below, changed the SIM card also and still happening.  I just realised that the people I was calling, and had the issue with, all had numbers saved as +44 prefix.  I've resaved their number as the normal 07***  the problem has gone away.  I have my phone set to not roaming.  I don't get why this has only changed in the last couple of months

Hi problem with reverting prefix to 07 numbers is not possible as I am aboard trying to call my family
This message was authored by Samsung+A52+5g This message was authored by: Samsung+A52+5g

Sorry about that.......however it works for people in this country as family members have done it now as they had same problem.  It's about time SKY sorted this!  We do all have roaming switched off.

This message was authored by Big+Bald+Man This message was authored by: Big+Bald+Man

I've  had the same problem for weeks now,  trying to call out 4 times out of 5 times gives me that " sorry, you are not allowed to call this number, please check your settings online.  There is no fix, Sky isn't interested in fixing it.  I got a replacement sim last week, still the same.  Bought a brand new Galaxy S24 Ultra yesterday,  still the same.   No real help from Sky.  Now in process of changing my service provider.   Been a loyal customer of Sky for years  but the amount of stress this situation has caused has been unbelievable.  I need my phone for medical reasons  and the service has been atrocious.

I have to say that now I'm making sure all numbers are not +44  mine has been OK.   My phone is an S23 ...can't get it to change my ID.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion