Discussion topic: BT wifi connection to Sky q box

This message was authored by bigmanT This message was authored by: bigmanT

BT wifi connection to Sky q box

Evening fellow Sky users.. (Exhausted trying to get help directly through Sky….😡) So, previously I’ve had no issues with network connectivity but for over a week now I have to reconnect the Sky mainbox and then the mini box (sometimes unsuccessful I might add..) but I just don’t understand why I’m having to do this? I’m with BT Fibre and have BT Halo boosters in a couple of rooms of which one of them is in the room where the mini box is…every other device we have in the house connects and stays connected. The two pics are what are displayed… I know this will be familiar to some, any help will be greatly received. Thankyou

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: BT wifi connection to Sky q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@bigmanT wrote:

Evening fellow Sky users.. (Exhausted trying to get help directly through Sky….😡) So, previously I’ve had no issues with network connectivity but for over a week now I have to reconnect the Sky mainbox and then the mini box (sometimes unsuccessful I might add..) but I just don’t understand why I’m having to do this? I’m with BT Fibre and have BT Halo boosters in a couple of rooms of which one of them is in the room where the mini box is…every other device we have in the house connects and stays connected. The two pics are what are displayed… I know this will be familiar to some, any help will be greatly received. Thankyou

Hi @bigmanT 

If using WiFi the Q minis will not connect to 3rd Party WiFi Extenders.  They will only connect to the Q mesh WiFi generated by Q devices.

One option you have is use Ethernet to connect all your Q boxes to your Halo boosters.

When all Q boxes are connected by Ethernet you can turn off all the Q box WiFi

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: BT wifi connection to Sky q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@bigmanT wrote:

Hi @bigmanT 

If using WiFi the Q minis will not connect to 3rd Party WiFi Extenders.  They will only connect to the Q mesh WiFi generated by Q devices.

One option you have is use Ethernet to connect all your Q boxes to your Halo boosters.

When all Q boxes are connected by Ethernet you can turn off all the Q box WiFi

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion