Discussion topic: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

This message was authored by Trackermonkey This message was authored by: Trackermonkey

Re: Can't activate Discovery + on Sky TV

This message was authored by: Laing1

‎01 Mar 2024 04:05 PM

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Trackermonkey wrote:

@Trackermonkey have you added discovery+ to Sky Marketplace as per the instruction in the link below 

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-apps/tv-apps-on-my-sky-q-box/articles/discovery-plus

Yes, I tried that too,.

i get .... You're all set

Good news, you already have discovery+. You just need to open the app and sign in to start watching.

Then if I click on the tab 'Open discovery+' it takes me to the discovery+ home page, I try to watch a show and still get the message 'Upgrade to watch'

@Trackermonkey so on you Q box if you press the home button scroll down to my Sky then chod=se the your product icon after putting in your your 4 digit pin number you should get 2 options Sky subscriptions and app subscriptions if you click on the app subscriptions what do you see ?

I press the home button, scroll to my sky, select discovery +

it doesn't ask me for my 4 digit pin. I don't get 2 options.

i get a blue screen with the message 'You're all set good news you already have discovery +.

you just need to open the app and sign in to start watching'

The only option to press is ' Open discovery+'

i do that, it opens discovery +, select 'start watching' then get a black screen with the message  'Upgrade to Watch' 2 options 'Retry' or 'Back'

'Retry' does nothing and 'Back' just takes me back to Discovery screen.

This message was authored by Elvis1973 This message was authored by: Elvis1973

This is exactly what I get. What a rip off they should just be honest and say they want you to pay for it! 

This message was authored by MRA1 This message was authored by: MRA1

Eventually managed to get Discovery+ working on my my Sky Q box.  It was very tortuous though having to spend 2 hours on phone to Sky, getting cut off twice, going through several agents.  What worked eventually was when they linked a secondary Sky ID on a different email account.  This appeared to force a re-linking of my viewing card .

This message was authored by Halil1974 This message was authored by: Halil1974

So I've managed to sort it out after it logged me out again. You do follow on screen prompts and the link or QR code dors take you to the login screen for discovery plus website. Login with your Sky details 1st and then it will ask for the number on the screen. Once logged it will work. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion