Discussion topic: Does the viewing card come separately?

This message was authored by John198519 This message was authored by: John198519

Does the viewing card come separately?

I have received my sky equipment but I don't have a viewing card does that come separately? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27 Answer

Re: Does the viewing card come separately?

@John198519

Usually separately.

Give it till tomrorow and give Sky a call, see what they say.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

Hi @John198519,

If you have just taken out Sky Q you usually get the card in the post a few days before install, if it doesnt arrive in time the engineer usually has a few in his van.

If it's a sky q box upgrade then you will use the existing card

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
John198519
Topic Author
This message was authored by John198519 This message was authored by: John198519

I have sent my equipment and card back a couple of weeks ago as it was too expensive. They then contacted me with a new deal on Sunday sent the equipment out today. Just checked through all the packaging and no card so I'm guessing that will come in the next couple of days then? 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@John198519 

Where Sky has sent hardware because you had Q in the past, they rather foolishly assume you kept the Viewing Card from last time.

You'll need to call them because no new card will be despatched by default.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

@TimmyBGood,

Sky certainly do some strange things....

John198519
Topic Author

That's what I'm thinking 🤔.

was hoping to be up and running tonight. Admittedly it's arrived very quickly. So maybe the card will arrive in the next couple of days then. I'm assuming this is the norm for the card to be sent separately? 

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27 Answer

@John198519

Usually separately.

Give it till tomrorow and give Sky a call, see what they say.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@John198519 wrote:

I have received my sky equipment but I don't have a viewing card does that come separately? 

@John198519 are you a new Sky Q customer or are you returning back to Sky Q ?

If you are a new customer then what you have most likely received is a router as the engineer should bring any Sky Q boxes with them and they normally carry spare cards with them. Viewing cards tend to arrive 1 or 2 days before the engineer is due. 

If as @TimmyBGood has written if you are a returning Sky Q customer then Sky expect you to have kept your previous card if this is the case you can either contact Sky to send out a new card or I can escalate this to Sky for you 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion