Discussion topic: Hard disc faulty

This message was authored by RW09 This message was authored by: RW09

Hard disc faulty

Hard disc faulty, have had to complete two hard resets in past 5 days replace with new Sky Q box

Best Answers
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice Answer

Re: Hard disc faulty

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RW09 wrote:

Hard disc faulty, have had to complete two hard resets in past 5 days replace with new Sky Q box

If you have tried all mentioned in the Sky article below for recording and hard drive issues, you can order a replacement Sky Q box online from the link in the help article;

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-q/fixing-sky-q/fixing-recordings-and-downloads/fix-a-pro...

Make sure when you handover your faulty Sky Q box to the courier with the replacement that you remove your Sky viewing card from your faulty box.

You will need this to place in your replacement box.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

RW09
Topic Author

Two hard disc resets in past 5 days. Will Sky repalce this sky Q box with new FOC?

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RW09 wrote:

If you have tried all mentioned in the Sky article below for recording and hard drive issues, you can order a replacement Sky Q box online from the link in the help article;

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-q/fixing-sky-q/fixing-recordings-and-downloads/fix-a-pro...

Make sure when you handover your faulty Sky Q box to the courier with the replacement that you remove your Sky viewing card from your faulty box.

You will need this to place in your replacement box.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
RW09
Topic Author

@lettice , thanks. I followed the link and clicked on order new sky Q box but I don't see it entered on track my orders. I assume it takes some time to be added?

RW09
Topic Author

Called Sky, Sky Q box requires to be replaced due to failing hard disc issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion