Discussion topic: Lost viewing card

This message was authored by Ali569 This message was authored by: Ali569

Lost viewing card

Hi I have just exchanged sky Q box & left the viewing card in my old box with DPD have. I have contacted them & they refuse to give me the drivers location so I can get it back

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Lost viewing card

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You will have to call Sky so they can send you another one.

150 is the free number to use from a Sky Mobile or Sky Talk phone otherwise under "Need more help ?" link at the bottom of the page on this link is the number to call Sky on:

https://www.sky.com/help/home

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Ali569
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ali569 This message was authored by: Ali569

Thanks will do. 

This message was authored by Emfarty This message was authored by: Emfarty

I've just done this too!! So annoying. It would be helpful to get a reminder to take it out.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Emfarty 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Messaging Team may contact you later but likely tomorrow.

You need to watch out for a post from one of the team inviting you to a private chat and then you should see a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. You’ll have 48 hours to click on it and start the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to a chat reply within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread fairly regularly.

This link explains the process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Thank you that's kind. I have just managed to finally find the elusive Sky phone number and now have a viewing card on order. I'm pleasantly surprised that the phone was answered despite is being 1830hrs

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

We do try to remind everyone on here about this when it looks like a box replacement is a likely fix for something. Shame the DPD drivers don't get briefed on it.

Sky sent me a message updating us on the delivery and that the driver would be taking the old one. It could easily have been in that message. But to be totally honest, I didn't read that properly, just saw the delivery date/time, I was working, busy. You're right it would be helpful for the driver to mention it but they don't have time to wait and hang about probably.

This message was authored by sarah42g This message was authored by: sarah42g

You're lucky, I just had a very rude DPD driver arrive and demand my old faulty box. Sky never warned me of this and the driver was impatient. I had to pull the cables out of my old box and tv and to give it to the driver. In all the panic  I still have the power cable and the viewing card was still in the box so despite having the replacement box I still cannot watch Sky. Waiting on a replacement card with no idea when it will arrive.

Sky could have advised me of this so the old box could have been disconnected in advance without any panic. When I returned my old router I was given a box & label to return it at my leisure but it appears it's not the case with a 7 year old faulty Sky Q box. Now have no tv as I don't have aerial and I can't even watch free channels on the new Sky Q box

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@sarah42g wrote:

You're lucky, I just had a very rude DPD driver arrive and demand my old faulty box. Sky never warned me of this and the driver was impatient. I had to pull the cables out of my old box and tv and to give it to the driver. In all the panic  I still have the power cable and the viewing card was still in the box so despite having the replacement box I still cannot watch Sky. Waiting on a replacement card with no idea when it will arrive.

Sky could have advised me of this so the old box could have been disconnected in advance without any panic. When I returned my old router I was given a box & label to return it at my leisure but it appears it's not the case with a 7 year old faulty Sky Q box. Now have no tv as I don't have aerial and I can't even watch free channels on the new Sky Q box

If you have a fairly modern smart TV which is connected to your broadband (or a streaming device like a Firestick) you can watch live streams of all the main free-to-air channels via their apps - iPlayer, ITVX, Channel 4, My5, etc. You can also access all their on demand content too. 

This should keep you going until your new viewing card arrives. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion