Discussion topic: My sky a remote has a mind of its own. When in tv guide it randomly moves up and down by itself

This message was authored by Bella8 This message was authored by: Bella8

My sky a remote has a mind of its own. When in tv guide it randomly moves up and down by itself

When in tv guide on any tv the remote randomly moves up and down and sometimes across the menus without touching. I have tried it on both multiroom boxes. I have tried changing the batteries multiple times. I have tried resetting the box and the remote and nothing helps. Sky cannot shed any light on this and sent a new remote which when tuned in didn't even work the home button so was no use. It's like a gremlin in the system and is very annoying   Please has anyone else had this?

All Replies

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: My sky a remote has a mind of its own. When in tv guide it randomly moves up and down by itself

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sounds like it's had something spilled on it and the buttons are shorting

This message was authored by Loulou7 This message was authored by: Loulou7

Re: My sky a remote has a mind of its own. When in tv guide it randomly moves up and down by itself

Hi 

I just had same issue and I went to settings 

then to setup then to remote control then across to sky q touch remote and make sure the touch control is set to off 

as when it is set to on the remote seems to have a mind of its own and moves the tv guide up and down etc on its own this seems to have stopped it as soon as I set it to off 

let's hope this fixes it forever 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Oh I forgot all about the touch remotes! Yeah that makes sense.

This message was authored by Tiffysplodge This message was authored by: Tiffysplodge

Well mine decided search using the voice control the word 'downstairs' while I was watching a scary film and I had turn the film off LOL!!!  Currently hiding waaaaayyy under my blankets. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion