Discussion topic: Sky Q latest software version

This message was authored by Stuart9964 This message was authored by: Stuart9964

Sky Q latest software version

Just last week I had an engineer visit from a Sky engineer who replaced my Sky Q box with a new model but it wasn't until he had left that I noticed that the red recording light never comes on when it is either recording or downloading even though it seems to do both OK.  It is still a little disconcerting because I am never sure if it is recording or not.  I contacted Sky online today and was told that the box needs a software update which I am sure the engineer did on installation.  The software version showing is Q260.000.05.00L and I wondered if this is the latest software version or not because even after I carried out what the Sky agent said to do today the version has stayed the same and the recording light still never works.  I have also tried a reset which made no difference.  Any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky Q latest software version

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stuart9964 

Q260 is the latest update. Mine changed automatically on Wednesday. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Stuart9964
Topic Author
This message was authored by Stuart9964 This message was authored by: Stuart9964

Thanks for letting me know.  It is annoying though when I try to explain things to a Sky agent via the internet.  I think I will probably be better off giving them a call to see what is causing the problem with the recording light because it really doesn't help when I am not sure if the box is recording or not without checking my recordings.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Stuart9964 

Sky may suggest a 'doorstep box swap' where DPD deliver a replacement box and take the faulty one. If they suggest this you need to have it really as the courier may not be prepared to wait long. Remember to remove your viewing card before it disappears down the street. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

@Stuart9964,

I wouldn't worry about the recording light too much, my Q box recording light has never come on since I've had sky q, whether I'm recording or not.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion