Discussion topic: sky pin

This message was authored by terex This message was authored by: terex

Re: sky pin

I have never had to enter a pin number on  BBC,  ITV  channel 4/5 or Free view  before the water shed, only on Sky. Even the game Crystal Maze required a pin to watch.

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@terex wrote:

I have never had to enter a pin number on  BBC,  ITV  channel 4/5 or Free view  before the water shed, only on Sky. Even the game Crystal Maze required a pin to watch.

Guess you don't record anything that warrants it then.  An example that immediately comes to mind is Silent Witness

I am just another Sky customer!
This message was authored by R2DANNY2 This message was authored by: R2DANNY2

I just downloaded a show from C4 on to my sky box  it's 22.56pm and it asked me to put pin in before I can watch it.  How is that a thing ?

This message was authored by ThePope27 This message was authored by: ThePope27

@R2DANNY2 

To stop kids watching something that they shouldn't, better to be safe than sorry for 2 seconds of your time to enter a 4 digit code!

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN
This message was authored by terex This message was authored by: terex

To stop kids watching they shouldn't you mean like Crystal maze. You honestly think that the kids don't know the pin how naive of you.Even Ofom admit that. Why should anyone pay for a service then be controlled what they can watch.

This message was authored by R2DANNY2 This message was authored by: R2DANNY2

I get that before 9pm... But at 11pm??

@terex,

My kid doesn't know the pin.....

And your not controlled with what you can watch, just take 2 seconds of your time to enter the pin it's not that hard is it really

________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q 2TB v2 Box + 2 Mini Boxes - Brsk BetterNet1000 FTTP, WatchGuard M400 Firewall, Plume Mesh

Sky Signature + Ultimate TV Pack, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Kids, TNT Sports, MUTV, LFCTV, Racing TV, Premier Sports, DAZN

@R2DANNY2,

Check that you dont have ratings set as a pin will be required all times of the day for that 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@terex wrote:

Why should anyone pay for a service then be controlled what they can watch.

Largely due to the moral panic when multichannel 'foreign owned' satellite television arrived over three decades ago (long pre-dating streaming services) 

Incidentally, 'what you can watch' has always been controlled by someone.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion