Discussion topic: Skystore purchases won't play on LG oled 2023 "smart" tv.

This message was authored by JB2426 This message was authored by: JB2426

Skystore purchases won't play on LG oled 2023 "smart" tv.

I'm getting nowhere with skystore cs who are v pleasant but are so far unable to overcome the dreaded "infinite downloading" screen after logging in despite using sky superfast bb and reinstalling the app, updating LG's software, checking devices etc 😞

All Replies

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: Skystore purchases won't play on LG oled 2023 "smart" tv.

Do you have any issue playing purchases on other content Stores?

Just tried on my LG TV and "Loading" appears for a few seconds then the movie starts!

Can you play trailers?

Exiled in HH
JB2426
Topic Author
This message was authored by JB2426 This message was authored by: JB2426

Re: Skystore purchases won't play on LG oled 2023 "smart" tv.

LG Oled "Smart" TV is set to auto-update their own software updates. I've tried uninstalling the Sky app and reinstalling and this works for a short while before reverting to one-trailer or one-movie. The problem doesn't manifest at all on my Iphone 12 promax suggesting it must be something to do with the interface between the LG Oled 43 2023 model and Skystore, and the set up is SKY broadband (superfast) which is allocating about 79 Mbps to the TV alongside other devices in the house. I'm not a TV or Q or Glass subscriber, just BB and Skystore and all purchases are downloading and showing ok in the library, its just the playback which keeps hanging with no error message, just the infinite "loading" circle which should disappear after a few secs; instead it just goes round and round.......so frustrating. The only solution is to turn off at the wall, the remote alone doesn't do it. Or to turn off the router and re-start. Reported 23/09/2023, and in December and in Jan 2024 and the best Sky's managed to far is to say they'll email LG. Pfffffff

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion