Discussion topic: Subtitles onSky Store

This message was authored by meaton92 This message was authored by: meaton92

Re: Subtitles onSky Store

Thank you Sky present for being a loyal diamond member. Have a free film. Downloaded, yep no subtitles. WHY.?  No problem on Netflicks, Prime. Yet I pay you £100 per month. Not for much longer. 

This message was authored by dixydetorit This message was authored by: dixydetorit

Has there been any updates about the subtitles?! Or being discrimitive through the disabilitiy act 2010? Only a week left of 2022 (and we all know they be off work now!)

Nope!

No updates for subtitles!

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @dixydetorit 

My colleague Kirsty has updated the thread with the most up to date information we have here.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Wendy+golronan This message was authored by: Wendy+golronan

Well I personally don't hold out any hope....

This message was authored by dixydetorit This message was authored by: dixydetorit

They wont. Guess taking it to court would make them see how disgriminating it is and i know they wont magically put subtitles on what has already been purchesed. Like ive said on other post about this film released at ciniema already have subtitles for inclusive viewing and other plateform already ensure inclusitivity. Now paying for a film on full price  from sky store is there shouldnt be such issue and for so many years! 

This message was authored by Dissatisfied+0653 This message was authored by: Dissatisfied+0653

USA put man on moon within 8 years! This thread about subtitles started 2020! Three years! As Americans would say, 'you do the math(sic)' Not Rocket science!

This message was authored by LikeADragon This message was authored by: LikeADragon

The sad part is; Sky don't need to subtitle shows like Peaky Blinders because they can get the subtitles from the BBC, but they just choose not to

This message was authored by Dissatisfied+0653 This message was authored by: Dissatisfied+0653

I have noticed, at long blooming last that they have started to appear! About 50%! Perhaps Sky could follow JFK's promise to send a man to the moon and return him safely, in 9 years, and provide subtitles in ALL Sky Store purchases, in half the time!

imagine they've been working around the clock, 24/7, etc, to come up with solution! NOT!

This message was authored by YestoRS This message was authored by: YestoRS

Have they? I do not see any subs

This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Dissatisfied+0653  @YestoRS 

There's a news article on subtitles which gives a bit more detail if that helps

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Store/Subtitles-are-now-available-on-Buy-amp-Keep-movies-in-Sky-Sto... 

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Have a look at Sky Store – A quick guide for users

Have a look at Maximising the sound quality of your Sky Soundbox

Yes they have! First one I picked, Five Nights at Freddy's has, but I have no desire to watch! I guess they are doing later first of all!

just checked an old favourite of mine Two Night Stand,, 2014, that still is devoid of subtitles!

really hope they are working backwards!

you would think that there would be a fanfare to announce  moon landing, sorry subtitles! Perhaps they are ashamed and so they should be!

Thanks Mike+Simmonds, can you or better still a Sky employee explain what is different between standard Sky Cinema (has subtitles) download, a recording from Sky Movie channel (has subtitles), Store Buy and Keep (AT LONG LAST HAS SUBTITLES) and Sky Rentals (bugger all subtitles)

it is ridiculous!

This message was authored by YestoRS This message was authored by: YestoRS

There's a list of all the movies on Sky Store that "has subtitles" but it doesn't seem to be true. I have Top Gun Maverick and there's no subs on it despite the website saying it does 

Thanks Kirsty, as a former software engineer for Lloyds Bank, the Corporation Board would have ben so unhappy if it took me so long to fix a serious problem, like this, that affected customers, like this! I was expected to work through the night, if necessary!

This message was authored by mike+simmonds This message was authored by: mike+simmonds

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Dissatisfied+0653 

If @KevNewMedia is around this week he may be able to comment on whether or not the issues are technical or licencing (or both). I think he posted earlier in this thread. 

Sky customer since 1989.
Sky Q 2TB main box
LG CX6LA from 2020

Have a look at Sky Store – A quick guide for users

Have a look at Maximising the sound quality of your Sky Soundbox

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion