Discussion topic: Sky Stream - Bluetooth won’t turn on my pucks (voice control works via Bluetooth)

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Sky Stream - Bluetooth won’t turn on my pucks (voice control works via Bluetooth)

@MadeInYorkshire wrote:

@Mr+P+of+Croydon wrote:

I'm still having problems.  We have new TV's and new pucks delivered about a week ago.  They will only start with IR, and then the bluetooth is fine.  We have one TV, unfortunately the best one, which has the TV and sound bar mounted to a chimney breast and the puck plus all the wiring subtly concealed just inside the chimney.  One of the attractions of Stream was the bluetooth remote connectivity.  It is so naff right now  as I have to aim the remote up the chimney and wave it around a bit to turn the puck on.  After that bluetooth works fine.  I have tried to follow the instructions in this thread twice now, the remote firmware verion is 5103.4.2 but it will still only start with IR.

Moderator note: Changed title to reflect topic more.

Well, that's just not good enough.

Tragically sky have such a monopoly, that despite being on a month-to-month contract, I have no alternative but to wait it out. 

Why do you have 'no alternative' if you're on a 31 day rolling contract? 

This message was authored by MadeInYorkshire This message was authored by: MadeInYorkshire

Re: Sky Stream - Bluetooth won’t turn on my pucks (voice control works via Bluetooth)

Because no one else does the channels I want in UHD. 

This message was authored by 6MCN This message was authored by: 6MCN

Hi all,

So, I have been trying a few different things to try and get this to work.

As I said on my previous post, I have multiroom and have 4 pucks in total. 3 are working fine and 1 has this issue. I decided to swap one of the known working pucks for the one with this issue. Left overnight and tried again.

The one that wasn't working is now waking up on Bluetooth in another room and the one that was working now doesn’t. Won’t wake up.

This is positioned behind a tv (all the other 3 are not) as there is nowhere else to rest it. So far it seems to me they don’t like being behind a tv. Today I have temporarily moved it onto a chair about 3 feet away from the tv. I will see if it works tomorrow.

I will update.

Does everyone with this issue have it behind a tv out of sight?

This message was authored by MadeInYorkshire This message was authored by: MadeInYorkshire

No, both mine are in plain sight. 

Another week goes by with no update and no fix. Not good enough @Kelsingra!

This message was authored by SusanJDK This message was authored by: SusanJDK

Have spent all morning reading all the posts, following all the suggestions (5 or 6 times!!!!) and still the puk will not work from the remote!!!! ( My puk is behind my TV) The service from Sky regarding these streaming puks is appalling and I too am speaking from a former SkyQ customer for many years where I had no issues, in any room or on any of my TVs. Even when I do get the home page up the remote will not work without actually pointing the remote directly at the puk(behind the TV) How ridiculous in this day & age that a provider like Sky cannot resolve issues that are impacting so many customers!!! 

Another two-weeks! Please can we have an update @Kelsingra?

This message was authored by scoopzuk This message was authored by: scoopzuk

Hi @Kelsingra has there been any progress with resolving this issue? As I've explained in previous posts, I've found a temporary fix by sending WoL packets to my pucks and I've received another 2 pucks (6 in total now) and they're all ok if I keep the WoL pings going but all suffer with the same issue where the remote won't wake them from sleep via Bluetooth. 

This message was authored by Spud132 This message was authored by: Spud132

@Kelsingra is there any update regarding this? It's been nearly 2 months since the problem was highlighted and almost a month since the last update from sky.

If there is no fix in sight is it maybe not time Sky offered replacement pucks not affected by this problem to people?

Mr+P+of+Croydon
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mr+P+of+Croydon This message was authored by: Mr+P+of+Croydon

For what it's worth, mine is the opening post and we still have to poke the remote control up the chimney and wave it around to turn sky on.  It's not quite what we envisaged when we signed up!

This message was authored by SusanJDK This message was authored by: SusanJDK

It's the worst service we've ever had from Sky. The bedroom puck is flashing all night too which is so annoying. We only switched from SkyQ in July2023 & have struggled with connection& error messages regularly!!!

@KevNewMedia @Kelsingra @Sky come on Sky; it's ridiculous that you are not updating this thread, at least weekly, with what's going on. 

This message was authored by Keef1969 This message was authored by: Keef1969

I must say that even though this doesn't affect me as much as other people the lack of updates from Sky is pretty poor.  Nothing for weeks now, it's as though Sky hopes this will magically go away.

This message was authored by 6MCN This message was authored by: 6MCN

I agree with @Keef1969 . Sky really dont care as most of us are probably in a contract. They are getting their money. @Kelsingra, why have you marked this as answered? Its clearly not. Your hardware still has a fault. Im sure this post will be ignored by @Kelsingra just like all the tags she has ignored.

@6MCN wrote:

I agree with @Keef1969 . Sky really dont care as most of us are probably in a contract. They are getting their money. @Kelsingra, why have you marked this as answered? Its clearly not. Your hardware still has a fault. Im sure this post will be ignored by @Kelsingra just like all the tags she has ignored.

Agreed. My bill is £107 pm; it's an absolute joke, and extremely ignorant, that I (we) can't get a response from Sky.

If F1 UHD, and Premier League UHD were available elsewhere (together), I'd be gone. 

Shameful customer service.  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion