Discussion topic: Sky Stream - Bluetooth won’t turn on my pucks (voice control works via Bluetooth)

This message was authored by 6MCN This message was authored by: 6MCN

Re: Sky Stream - Bluetooth won’t turn on my pucks (voice control works via Bluetooth)

Thanks for the update @MadeInYorkshire . Am I reading that Sky are saying you cannot put these behind a TV then? For me, if that is the case, then they are no good and will abandon Sky as soon as my contract ends. Can you confirm if this is the case @Kelsingra ?

This message was authored by Arthur7 This message was authored by: Arthur7

Re: Sky Stream - Bluetooth won’t turn on my pucks (voice control works via Bluetooth)

I have the puck behind my TV and it is working in bluetooth mode. It seems that's just luck though as some others aren't as fortunate. 

I have given up trying to make the LG magic remote control the puck as it seems to rely on IR, so I'm stuck with the Sky remote but currently it's working without line of sight (I re-paired the remote in bt mode and switched off the energy saving mode and that seems to have worked for me - if not others). 

It seems to me Sky either has a comms problem with many staff unaware that there is an issue, or maybe they are trying to ignore it in the hope it goes away. Either way it's really poor. 

This message was authored by MadeInYorkshire This message was authored by: MadeInYorkshire

@6MCN wrote:

Thanks for the update @MadeInYorkshire . Am I reading that Sky are saying you cannot put these behind a TV then? For me, if that is the case, then they are no good and will abandon Sky as soon as my contract ends. Can you confirm if this is the case @Kelsingra ?

Yes, he is saying it should NOT work via Bluetooth after 15-minutes, which is not correct. 

This message was authored by MadeInYorkshire This message was authored by: MadeInYorkshire

@Arthur7 wrote:

or maybe they are trying to ignore it in the hope it goes away. Either way it's really poor. 

100%. 

This message was authored by Keef1969 This message was authored by: Keef1969

Sad as it is I've given up on this.  What Sky are saying is nonsense, I had a remote R&E guy around my home telling me this is NOT expected behaviour.  What is the saddest part is that Sky seemed to be engaged and intent on trying to help people, they have now given up.  @KevNewMedia and @Kelsingra have gone radio silent so I'm just assuming that [removed] I'm now waiting for my contract to run out before thinking very hard about what to do next.  Sky is just the same as any other company, it's all about money, and they don't care about its customers.

Moderator note: removed inappropriate comment

This message was authored by SusanJDK This message was authored by: SusanJDK

I've given up too!!!! Ethernet cables are not an option for me due to position of the router so using a fire stick for now & will get out of contract as soon as possible!

This message was authored by Arthur7 This message was authored by: Arthur7

Why do you need ethernet cables?

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Can I start by apologising profusely for the delay in being able to resolve this problem.

Whilst the problem is still under investigation and I can't say whether this will help, there has recently been a firmware update for everyone's stream to QS027.508.00P.  If you've tried this after 26/4/24, and it hasn't worked, there's no need to try this.

• Press 4 and 6 together for 5 seconds to unpair/reset the Bluetooth on your control.
  • Press 1 and 3  together for 5 seconds and follow the on-screen prompts.
  • Test the service.

I will be marking this post as answered, so that the most up-to-date information is provided for everyone, and you don't need to read the entire thread. As soon as I have more information/resolution, I will let everyone know.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

@KevNewMedia tried. Made no difference. 

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@MadeInYorkshire wrote:

@KevNewMedia tried. Made no difference. 

Thank you @MadeInYorkshire 

I appreciate the quick feedback - I appreciate it. I'll feed that back to the engineers working on the problem.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion