Discussion topic: Sky Stream remote buttons mixed up

This message was authored by SamuelJ85 This message was authored by: SamuelJ85

Sky Stream remote buttons mixed up

The buttons on my Sky Stream remote are mixed up - it means I basically can't navigate the menus to find what I want to watch. I've tried replacing the batteries and done the 'hold 1 + 3 for 3 seconds' thing to connect the remote and it hasn't done anything. How can I fix this?

Sky Stream is the worst TV service I've ever had - it's so glitchy and unreliable!

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky Stream remote buttons mixed up

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @SamuelJ85 I note you have already tried pressing 1 & 3 together to try and pair the remote again.  Did you press and hold 7 & 9 first to clear the remote?  If not try to pair it again but press and hold 7 & 9 for 3 seconds first followed by 1 & 3 for 3 seconds.

If that didn't help try the suggestions in the following help guides:

Troubleshooting guide

Remote help

You could also try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a cloth.  Even though it sounds an unlikely solution it has got many faulty remotes working again (including mine).

If none of the above works then phone Sky to discuss and request a replacement remote.

If you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
SamuelJ85
Topic Author

Thanks for your reply. I tried holding 7+9 before holding 1+3 and that did nothing, and I tried the twisting trick and that did nothing. Is there any way to refer this to the Sky help team to issue me an online chat link please? That seemed to lead to a solution when another user had a similar problem:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Glass-Stream-Live/Sky-stream-remote-buttons-mixed-up/td-p/4381260

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@SamuelJ85 No problem.  I have escalated your original post to the Community Messaging team who will invite you to an online chat.

The link below explains the procedure

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Keep a look out for the speech chat bubble that will appear on the bottom left of your screen when you are logged onto this forum. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.  Note replies from Sky are not instant so you will need to regularly check the chat thread.

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

SamuelJ85
Topic Author

I went through the live chat and there was nothing else that could be done so they said they had ordered me a replacement remote. They said I'd get an email confirmation but I haven't received anything, and there are no orders showing on my Sky account. Has it been processed or do I need to contact Customer Services (again)?

@SamuelJ85 wrote:

I went through the live chat and there was nothing else that could be done so they said they had ordered me a replacement remote. They said I'd get an email confirmation but I haven't received anything, and there are no orders showing on my Sky account. Has it been processed or do I need to contact Customer Services (again)?

@SamuelJ85 When I had a faulty remote about 9 months ago they sent me a replacement but I never got any email nor did anything show in my orders. This seems to be the normal procedure.

They told me to phone back if I had not received the remote which should arrive in 3 and 5 days.

In the meantime if you have a Sky Q remote this will work with your Glass or Stream..

SamuelJ85
Topic Author

OK thank you, I'll hold fire and hope it turns up in a day or two.

This message was authored by Sugar This message was authored by: Sugar

So I have just gone through the same experience as the OP with sky recently. Sky stream remote wouldnt work - tried everything here re troubleshooting and contacted Sky who sent out replacement remote. Once I got the new remote I was able to pair it and set it up all great so far for about 2 weeks. Then today same thing has happened with this remote, sky stream will only respond to random button presses that are not related the their function like left arrow turns on/off the box. So i hard reset sky stream and up pops the remote control setup page telling me to homd down 4&6 for 2 seconds but no joy - same issue again has repeated itself. So do i ring sky again and look for another remote replacement ?? I cant keep doing this eveey couple of weeks. Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this? For info, i changed the remote batteries to new ones just in case it was that. I tried the whole 1&3, 7&9, 4&6 many times no response. Tv is an LG if thats makes any difference. Losing my mind on this one now that its happended a second time after only 2 wks with the replacement remote. Any thoughts?

This message was authored by Chocoberry This message was authored by: Chocoberry

I too am experiencing the same issues, now again with my second remote in 3 months.

Have reset the controller but once it's "connected" I cannot press continue.

ive ordered a new remote but am aware this may happen again

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion