Discussion topic: Tv pictures on a few chsnnels in cumbernauld is buffering & freezing the last 3 or 4 days .interfe

This message was authored by Edward1873 This message was authored by: Edward1873

Tv pictures on a few chsnnels in cumbernauld is buffering & freezing the last 3 or 4 days .interfe

•  

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Tv pictures on a few chsnnels in cumbernauld is buffering & freezing the last 3 or 4 days

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Edward1873  Most of you post is missing as you've tried to type it on in the character limited subject field rather than the main text field.

If you have Sky stream and channels are freezing it will likley be down to either your wifi (if connected over wifi) or low broadband speeds.

If you open the netflix app on Sky stream and go to the setting tab there is a speed test you can run, this will tell you the speed the puck is getting, anything under 20mbps will be an issue.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Edward1873
Topic Author
This message was authored by Edward1873 This message was authored by: Edward1873

Channels buffering & freezing

• My tv channels are buffering. & freezing  in cumbernauld  & has been doing this for a few days. 
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Channels buffering & freezing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Edward1873 wrote:
  • My tv channels are buffering. & freezing  in cumbernauld  & has been doing this for a few days. 

So that will be the strength and stability of the network connection your Stream puck is getting.

The first question is what is your broadband speed from the stream puck. Open Netflix on the Stream, go to Get Help then Check Your Network and run the diagnostic to check what the speed is. If the speed is under 30 Mbps then the internet speed will be the issue. If the speed is over that the issue will likely be the strength and stability of your Wifi network (assuming the puck is connected via Wifi). If this is the case then you should connect the puck via an ethernet cable, and go into the puck's network settings to disable the Wifi. Once the wifi is disabled reboot the puck by unplugging it for 1 minute, this reboot will ensure the wifi does get disabled.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion