Discussion topic: My sky TV service suddenly stopped last night. The Sky+HD box has a flashing red light.

This message was authored by JJK4 This message was authored by: JJK4

My sky TV service suddenly stopped last night. The Sky+HD box has a flashing red light.

I have tried turning off the mains and pressing the backup buttons, but still just flashing red.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: My sky TV service suddenly stopped last night. The Sky+HD box has a flashing red light.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Assuming this is Sky+, it looks as though your Sky box has failed, I'm afraid. You'll either need to replace it - there are used Sky+HD boxes available cheaply on ebay - or upgrade to Sky Q.

If you decide to look for a replacement Sky+HD box, choose only a DRX890 or DRX895 model, as they're the most recent (although still around 8 years old).

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: My sky TV service suddenly stopped last night. The Sky+HD box has a flashing red light.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Assuming this is Sky+, it looks as though your Sky box has failed, I'm afraid. You'll either need to replace it - there are used Sky+HD boxes available cheaply on ebay - or upgrade to Sky Q.

If you decide to look for a replacement Sky+HD box, choose only a DRX890 or DRX895 model, as they're the most recent (although still around 8 years old).

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 100 minutes

New Discussion