Discussion topic: Landline not working since joining sky last week and sky online keep telling me that Im not with sky

This message was authored by Quasie This message was authored by: Quasie

Landline not working since joining sky last week and sky online keep telling me that Im not with sky

I arranged with Sky and my other provider to change back to Sky on 23rd April. I have now !managed to install broadband, tv stream after a few frustrating days! But my landline phone isn't working, I can dial out but then it just makes weird noises, people attempting to call me hear it ring, but I dont, so I have no telephone access except for my mobile which is already with sky. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Landline not working since joining sky last week and sky online keep telling me that Im not with

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Is your phone plugged into the back of your broadband Hub?

Quasie
Topic Author

Re: Landline not working since joining sky last week and sky online keep telling me that Im not with

@Mark39

Hi Mark39 thank you for replying to my post. 

My phone is plugged into the telephone socket in the wall, I this wrong?  

Hi @Quasie, possibly. Does your broadband Hub have an LED on the front panel labelled 'Voice'? If it does, and the LED is lit, then your phone needs to be plugged into the back of the Hub.

If there's no Voice LED then yes, it should be plugged into the wall socket.

Let us know, and we'll try to help further.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Quasie  If the router you have now from Sky has a voice light and it is green then the phone needs to be plugged into the back of the router.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Quasie
Topic Author

Hi @Mark39,  3green lights at front and voice doesn't light up.  I tried plugging phone in both places, still no joy!

@Quasie try restarting your Hub by switching off at the plug for 30 seconds. If that doesn't prompt the Voice LED to light, it's probably best to report a fault to Sky. If you wish we can ask their messaging team to contact you here via a private online chat so that you can do that?

Quasie
Topic Author

@Mark39, TThanks for the offer of online chat, as the voice has space at front but no light. 

OK, I've flagged your post to Sky and a Community adviser may be able to help you via private, online messaging tomorrow. Look out for a blue/red chat 'bubble' towards the bottom of the page. Replies from Sky may not be instant, so check back from time to time for updates. The chat remains open for 48 hours.

For the detail of how it works see this guide: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @Quasie to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion