Discussion topic: Unable to access Sky Talk Shield

This message was authored by myke5 This message was authored by: myke5

Re: Unable to access Sky Talk Shield

thanks i will call & complain too as i am fed up with this, its been going on for weeks now & enough of us have this prob

This message was authored by Jitty1 This message was authored by: Jitty1

I emailed Sky this morning about this problem after yesterday's call got no  joy , even if you actually speak to someone they either don't understand your problem or you cannot understand them ( depending which part of the world the operator is based ) . Why can Sky not sort this out , I am getting really angry about this now 

This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

I have seen updates from Sky emloyees on various other issues in the forum and cannot understand why the numerous posts on this issue look like they are being ignored.   

This message was authored by Alastair111 This message was authored by: Alastair111

Re: Sky shield talk still not working despite reports here it has been fixed. Rubbish

I am getting the same issues, I have tried the same things, using different devices to log into sky, still doesn't work. So far I have called Sky twice only to be told it is active. I would say it's a server issue as I can turn it off and on using my landline phone. No hint from Sky when it will be fixed!

Just been on the phone again to Sky about this problem , I phoned this number and didn't have to wait to speak to someone (Removed) , but as usual it was try this , try that , which I knew wouldn't work . She was even going to turn off my talk shield then turn it back on again which would have meant all of my numbers that I have blocked or starred would of been lost , she said it probably would not work anyway , so I said don't do that . So basically I am no further forward in this matter .😡

Moderator note: Removed phone number

Phoned up about this issue again this morning, just got told to try this , try that which I knew wouldn't work , even told me that she would turn off Sky Talk Shield and turn on again but that I would lose all blocked and starred numbers , I told her no don't do that in no uncertain terms . She didn't even seemed to know about this problem or when it will be fixed , just said wait a few more days and see what happens , WHEN WILL SKY SORT THIS OUT ? 😡

BlueManc64
Topic Author
This message was authored by BlueManc64 This message was authored by: BlueManc64

I received a reply to email and they will call me this afternoon. They will probably do usual stuff, send me link that doesn't work. I'm not letting them turn it off though.

I have just sent a email to the CEO of Sky Dana Strong, which I found so I don't know if it is even a correct address , I will wait and see ,

This message was authored by Fleursmom This message was authored by: Fleursmom

I too am sick of this - sky get your acts together. We pay you  enough

This message was authored by Fleursmom This message was authored by: Fleursmom

NO it is still not fixed😡

Did they call you ? I have also had a message saying that they would call within 48 hrs ( yesterday ) i am not going to hold my breath 

I called sky on Saturday & actually got to speak to a person & they said they would turn off talk shield & back on again & then call me back. I guess now i am the same as everybody else  as its still not working & they didnt call me back.

I am no expert but i think the shield is working but the problem is with the web site as i cant access anything under talk shield settings so cant block any new numbers or see who has called or even turn it on or off.

I feel that nobody is gonna do anything about this so not much more we can do.

After my email to Skys CEO Dana Strong , I received a phone call on Thursday about this problem , it had been flagged up because of my email ( I was surprised because I thought it wouldn't work ) , the man I spoke to was very helpful and got me to try a few things which didn't work . He said that he would call back on Tuesday to give me a update on the matter , I will wait and see and update on here when I know more .

This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

@Jitty1  Thank you for your update.  This sounds promising.  Fingers crossed!

I have my suspicions that this happens to those using a yahoo email address, are those with probs here also using a yahoo email to log in?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion