Discussion topic: Is Amazon Prime video being add to sky package?

This message was authored by Trips+out This message was authored by: Trips+out

Is Amazon Prime video being add to sky package?

Hi

is sky in talks with Amazon prime video about being included in the sky package in the future?.

thanks

Ben.

Moderator note: Amended subject to better reflect query

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Amazon Prime video being add to sky package

@Trips+out wrote:

Hi

is sky in talks with Amazon prime video about being included in the sky package in the future?.

thanks

Ben.

No idea. Sky don't tell customers about future plans until they are about to launch something. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Trips+out 

If any such negotiation were to take place, it's worth considering that Amazon.com Inc is many times bigger than Sky Group (and indeed considerably larger than Comcast)

Amazon (unlike Netflix) really don't need to do deals to increase streaming media subscriber numbers: they probably lose money on every Prime Video user but expect to make this back through their other operations.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Trips+out wrote:

Hi

thanks

Ben.

Bear in mind, unless something is in the public knowledge, anyone who may know about any ongoing talks would be prohibited from discussing them due to non-disclosure agreement unless any announcement made by Sky and any other corporate entity.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@Trips+out wrote:

Hi

thanks

Ben.

Makes you think that ?

This message was authored by Mr+Ripley This message was authored by: Mr+Ripley

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick, but I don't understand the question from the OP ( no offense ). APV is already available via Sky Q ( & maybe Glass & Stream? ) so what am I missing?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I didn't get where I am today by writing ridiculous signatures.
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

Sorry if I'm being a bit thick, but I don't understand the question from the OP ( no offense ). APV is already available via Sky Q ( & maybe Glass & Stream? ) so what am I missing?

I read it like asking if it would be billed as part of the bill from sky, like netflix is

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Mr+Ripley This message was authored by: Mr+Ripley

Ah right, that makes sense. Didn't think of that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I didn't get where I am today by writing ridiculous signatures.
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@nolte wrote:

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

I read it like asking if it would be billed as part of the bill from sky, like netflix is

Yeah i read the question in the same way.

I would have thought Amazon would be the least likely service where the billing can be done as part of Sky, as dont the majority just pay for a full Prime subscription and essentially get Prime Video for free rather than just pay for the monthly Prime Video sub.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@nolte wrote:

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

I would have thought Amazon would be the least likely service where the billing can be done as part of Sky, as dont the majority just pay for a full Prime subscription and essentially get Prime Video for free rather than just pay for the monthly Prime Video sub.

Indeed. Amazon don't really promote the standalone Prime Video-only monthly sub anyway, they'd rather customers pay more for the full annual Prime subscription.

I doubt Sky would want to partner up with them much more anyway, seeing as the Prime Video service acts as a Sky Store competitor when it comes to buying & renting recent movies. Prime offers the same new releases as Sky Store but in UHD/HDR for the same price as Sky Store charges for HD.   

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Padam_Padam wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@nolte wrote:

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

Indeed. Amazon don't really promote the standalone Prime Video-only monthly sub anyway, they'd rather customers pay more for the full annual Prime subscription.

Our Prime Video subscription is a carry-over from LoveFilm* ; )

* For younger readers, that was DVD rental by post.  Ask your parents about 'DVDs', and indeed 'post'...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Padam_Padam wrote:

@MarkGoldsmith wrote:

@nolte wrote:

@Mr+Ripley wrote:

I doubt Sky would want to partner up with them much more anyway, seeing as the Prime Video service acts as a Sky Store competitor when it comes to buying & renting recent movies. Prime offers the same new releases as Sky Store but in UHD/HDR for the same price as Sky Store charges for HD.   

Our Prime Video subscription is a carry-over from LoveFilm* ; )

* For younger readers, that was DVD rental by post.  Ask your parents about 'DVDs', and indeed 'post'...

To continue the nostalgia a bit, LoveFilm essentially modernised the offering of everyone's favourite local highstreet VHS and DVD rental shop Blockbuster Video

MarkGoldsmith_0-1714581359802.jpeg

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion