Discussion topic: Price hike April 2024

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: April '24 Price Increases Broadband & Phone

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky will be in the process of sending out emails and letters to customers what the changes specific to your account. This will likely come sometime in the next month as I believe they are sent out in batches.

Sky do still offer the ability to leave broadband penalty fee providing you request it within 30 days of receiving the official letter regarding your price increase. This only affects the broadband contract and not any Sky TV services you may have.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@james987654 wrote:

How can this be justified?  I am I entitiled to leave my contract?  I dont think I have been formally notified of this change yet, unless I've missed it, I just happened to notice it in passing.

The price rise notifications via email or letters haven't started going out yet as you should receive it at least 31 days before the increase is due on your account. You can leave penalty free for broadband only  - this will be stated when you receive the email or letter.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@james987654 wrote:

How can this be justified?  

I also have Sky Q and have been a continual Sky customer for almot 20 years.

It happens every year - inflation is still running particularly high.  Other providers may be increase by a larger percentage.

Remember the better the discounts you have the larger apparent increase.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by NickNewark This message was authored by: NickNewark

I did have future increases showing on bills for April and May, but having just checked again these increases have now been removed and the bills are showing what I'm currently paying 🤷‍♂️ 

This message was authored by BIGd1074 This message was authored by: BIGd1074

Re: Massive account price increase in May

Well it's worked for the past 15 years every 18 months my package should b 115 pounds a month and for over 10 years I've threatened to leave when my contracts up and every time I e got it for 65 pounds a month so no thay can offer u a better price and do not want to let loyal customers go if your new to sky yes u will probs get nothing but if u been with them years and a vip customer this works I've not just made it up try it like I said u have to get to the point ov cancelling sometimes even cancelling and thay will b back in touch to offer u a better discount 100% 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

As has been said previously times are indeed changing. Sky seem to be quite eager to encourage customers onto the Sky streaming platform at the moment so don't be surprised to see deals for the satellite based platform dwindle quite a bit and the better deals offered being for Glass/Stream.

NOT a Sky Employee

Plus your forgetting I don't care if thay cancell and don't offer me the discount it's them that always gets back to me or puts me through to cancellation people and it's them that's offering me the discount to stay I just say no untill it's a price I'm happy with and it's worked for 10 years (removed)

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate language and remarks

This message was authored by james987654 This message was authored by: james987654

I know it happens every year - but it's normally in some sort of line with inflation. I think I read Sky would raise prices by 6-7% this time around, but not the 20% on my forecast blill....!  

Maybe though the future bill showing in my account is currently wrong. 

@james987654 wrote:

I know it happens every year - but it's normally in some sort of line with inflation. I think I read Sky would raise prices by 6-7% this time around, but not the 20% on my forecast blill....!  

Maybe though the future bill showing in my account is currently wrong. 

The price rise is an average of 6.9%. But the total increase will depend on what packages you have (and different packages are getting different increases) and what current discounts you already have. The increase is based on the list/full price of a package imsonthe greater in-contract discount you have the greater the price increase will seem as discounts are flat and aren't a percentage.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@james987654 wrote:

I think I read Sky would raise prices by 6-7% this time around, but not the 20% on my forecast blill....!  

That's the increase in undiscounted prices.  If you have discounts then the net about can be higher.

But wait until they contact you to confirm increases.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Ov course u get a better deal if u go to stream but it's crap u even have to pay to forward the adverts ect the only thing good about it is if u live in a hard place to have a dish or like sky q u still need one main box plugged into a dish and the rest are then over WiFi but with str it's all over WiFi I prefer the q and have gone back to q box I've. That as its floors because if your main box goes to sleep it turns your other WiFi boxes off upstairs and u have to go and turn your box on down stairs in the middle ov the night but ov course thay will try to push u into a new deal on something else first u just say no I want everything I've got for around the price u want to pay and thay will get to that price or very close like I've said I've had no problems I quess of u just ask and thay say no a lot ov people will except it I won't like I said I'll go to cut off stage to get that deal again and once u have had it once u just say I want that same price deal again every time u might have to pay 5 pound more but it's better than full price 

This message was authored by james987654 This message was authored by: james987654

Yes I will wait of course, but the discounts are still there on the future/new bill.

This message was authored by seanp14669 This message was authored by: seanp14669

Sky signature price increase

My monthly bill has increased from £29 to £34 and I've not received any notice of price increase or options?
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky signature price increase

@seanp14669 

Notification emails or letters are being sent in batches and will be received before the annual price increase takes effect in April. 

Alternatively, a discount may have recently expired or be ending very soon. Sky will have told you the date the discount was ending when you took it out. Try comparing a previous bill to your latest bill and see where the amounts differ
www.sky.com/bill.

If your discount has ended you will need to contact Sky to try to negotiate a new deal which will require another 18 month minimum term contract. Sky are not obliged to offer you another discount so if you’re offered something acceptable you need to agree to it there and then because if you decide to think about it the offer may no longer be available when you call back.

You can either call Sky or use the following link
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Re: Price hike April 2024

My broadband and talk package will be going up from £35.75 to £43.00.  That's an increase of over 20%!

(Increase broken down: broadband: £3.50; boost: £1.50; evening & weekend calls: £2.25)

Pretty poor for a 6 month old contract!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion