Discussion topic: Price hike April 2024

This message was authored by Mr+Michael+P This message was authored by: Mr+Michael+P

My Package going up £8.50 mid contract is that about average?

I read about the price increases just seen my package is going up £8.50 per month, im on a 18 mth contract finishes in July and so will I end it at that date, I would not mind but having ads in on demand plus an £8.50 increase its not really worth staying. 

I was wondering if that is about the average most customers contracts has increased estimated over next few months?

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: My Package going up £8.50 mid contract is that about average?

@Mr+Michael+P 

That's probably about average, but it depends on what you have in your channel package. 

There's quite a bit of detail on the increases here, along with good advice about alternative options:

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/sky-tv-2024-price-hike/ 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mr+Michael+P 

Do you subscribe to just Sky television on Stream, or Stream with Sky Broadband?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

If you still want access to Sky channels NOWTV is available and considerably less expensive with easy to obtain discounts and can be easily turned on/off😉

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Mr+Michael+P This message was authored by: Mr+Michael+P

I am with sky stream don't have broadband with sky. When I first took out sky stream on a deal because it had things like Paramount+ included it seemed like a good deal However with an increase of 8.50 I could just buy paramount plus anyway so a lot of these included so called freebies are not free at all. 

I actually would pay sky stream a reasonable amount but having ads in on demand make it a cheap quality service at a premium price and as mentioned before despite 4K now TV is likely the biggest value and better overall quality as there are no ads in between episodes on Now Tv

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

I just have sky stream and it's increasing by £9 a month. 

£3 Sky Sports 

£2 Sky Entertainment and Netflix

£3 Sky Cinema

£1 Muti room

Which is way over 10 percent - closer to 20 percent. Pretty sure they are not suppose to go over 10 percent 

increasing from £54 to £63 a month 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

The 10% is with respect to undiscounted prices!

Is the 20% estimated with respect to discounted prices?

Exiled in HH
This message was authored by Sandeepsingh1 This message was authored by: Sandeepsingh1

Rqising the fees

Hi this is (Removed) i m with sky broadband since November 23 and today i received a mail from sky that they are raising the fees i m in 18 months contract ao how can they raise the tarrifs.

Moderator note: Removed personal details

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Rqising the fees

The contract you agreed to allows Sky to raise their prices once per year.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Sandeepsingh1 

Sky are allowed to do this once a year (in April for UK customers). 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

@Exiled-in-HH Yep. I am aware of this. All this does is creates distrust between sky and their customers. Smoke and mirrors. An increase is on the price you pay not standard pricing.  The other Telcomms, are not raising their prices by RPI plus 3.9 percent on standard prices, they're  raising them by RPI plus 3.9 percent off what a customer pays. 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick

I agree the whole system and maybe not just with Sky but this business of  quoting discounts on packages and in some cases raising there price either to above or at the very same amount before the discount making the discount disingenuous and misleading. 

I personally hate how it's become the trend to split the product into lots of addons, having to pay more for 4K, more again to fast forward through ads a badic feature of any freebies box for years, and the to pay more again to watch in another room which I think is very expensive. Also again misleading you buy Netflix with sky include the atmos 4K pack which upgrades your Netflix to watch on 4 devices but only the Netflix element not the rest you need whole home it's all very disjointed and the price increases are terrible it often feels like loyal customers have to pay the extra to offset the loss of the customer who got a good deal on a package at Black Friday sale for example. We are in effect offsetting another customers subscription. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Mr+Michael+P wrote:

Also again misleading you buy Netflix with sky include the atmos 4K pack which upgrades your Netflix to watch on 4 devices but only the Netflix element not the rest you need whole home

That's not correct.  Under the recent Netflix revised structure, Netflix 'Standard with Ads' is bundled in the Sky subscription price, and there are Netflix-specific add-ons to move this to Netflix Standard (+£6) or Netflix Premium (+£11).  The Sky 'UHD & Dolby Atmos' add-on and the Whole Home supplement aren't relevant to Netflix, but Whole Home is required for one or more additional pucks (whether viewing Sky or other content)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

...but as it's broadband you can leave penalty free for another provider that will lock in an above-inflation rise with no right of exit... 🤔

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

That might be the way now, I  meant when I took out my package when buying the 4K Atmos bundle it also upgraded the Netflix to 4K which covers 4 devices but I always thought that was a disconnect with needing whole home to watch sky content on other devices. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion