Discussion topic: Price hike April 2024

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Re: Sky signature price increase

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Granny+scallywag wrote:

The reply mentions that the increases are from April, but yet mine has increased this month, is anyone else seeing this

If you're in the UK and your price has risen this month then it's likely that this is as a result of of discount period ending. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by tarbat This message was authored by: tarbat

What does Sky mean by “Your Option”

With my contract price going up by around 16%, I'm unsure what Sky mean by the phrase "your Option".  My contract says Sky can't increase my Option by more than 10%, but what does "your Option" legally mean?

QUOTE:

During the Minimum Term, unless it is for a reason set out in Conditions 2(e) or 4 (when the following increase limits do not apply), we may increase the price of your Option in accordance with Condition 2(c) only once in any 12 month periodand that increase will not be more than:
(i) 10%; or
(ii) the increase in the UK Retail Price Index

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TARBAT's SETUP....................Sky Q 2tb v3
Panasonic 65” GZ1500 OLED TV : Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar (ARC) : BT Smart Hub 2 & FTTP 900 : BT Disc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Community Superuser. 25 Years Diamond VIP

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: What does Sky mean by “Your Option”

Remember the 10% limit is in undiscounted (list) prices.  If you have discounts then your price may increase by more.

'Option' is basically subscriptions - either basic or premium (Sports/Movies).

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

If it's for Sky Q and Option is in bold, it's defined in the table towards the end of the contract as:

"Any of the channel package and add-on options we offer, but not including any

stand-alone premium channel"

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Re: My Package going up £8.50 mid contract is that about average?

@Jason+Golding while Sky's T&Cs are explicitly with regard undiscounted pricing🤔

.... and there can be TWO prices raises during an 18 month contract😉

Exiled in HH

@PandJ2020 wrote:

Remember the 10% limit is in undiscounted (list) prices.

No it's not.  The paragraph I quoted replaces that section in my original contract.  The email of 12-Jan-2024 clearly states that this condition replaces that in my original contract.  Sky replaced the words "the then standard price of each TV subscription service" with the words "your Option". So that condition about it being the standard price no longer applies.

QUOTE: "If you have agreed a new 18 month minimum term for your Sky TV and/or Sky+HD (as applicable) then we need to make some changes to your Sky TV and/or Sky+HD terms and conditions."

Panasonic 65” GZ1500 OLED TV : Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar (ARC) : BT Smart Hub 2 & FTTP 900 : BT Disc

@Mark39 wrote:

If it's for Sky Q and Option is in bold, it's defined in the table towards the end of the contract as:

"Any of the channel package and add-on options we offer, but not including any

stand-alone premium channel"

Thanks.  So since I don't have any stand-alone premium channel, it means my whole contract.  In that case Sky are clearly breaching this condition with a 16% increase.

Do you have discounts?

@PandJ2020 wrote:

Do you have discounts?

Yes, I negotiated a new contract last month with new discounts. That's when this new condition was added by Sky.

I still read that as the price (I.e. list price) increasing a max of 10% and not the net discounted amount.

The 10% applies to the list price, not the discounted price you pay. 

@Mark39 wrote:

The 10% applies to the list price, not the discounted price you pay. 

Where does my contract, as amended by the email of 12-Jan, say that?  That says that the 10% applies to my Option prices. No mention of the list price.

I think you'll have to take it up with Sky, then.

@tarbat wrote:
The email of 12-Jan-2024 clearly states that this condition replaces that in my original contract.

I've checked my contract and the latest on the website and it definitely says '...we may increase the then standard price of each TV subscription service only once...'  - which is correct for limiting the increase to 10% on list (standard) price.

Was this amendment in regards to the new deal?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: My Package going up £8.50 mid contract is that about average?

@Mr+Michael+P wrote:

That might be the way now, I  meant when I took out my package when buying the 4K Atmos bundle it also upgraded the Netflix to 4K which covers 4 devices 

I don't recall that ever being the case on Stream: it's always had separate Netflix upgrades.  On Q it used to be the Sky HD and UHD add-ons which upgraded bundled Netflix though.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion