Discussion topic: Engineer has not turned up

This message was authored by EmmaVEvans This message was authored by: EmmaVEvans

Engineer has not turned up

I have been sat at home waiting for an engineer to activate my fibre broadband. Due today between 8am and 1pm and nobody has shown up. I have not had any communication to inform me of any changes.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Engineer has not turned up

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@EmmaVEvans 

Most 'activation' doesn't require attendance at the address: FTTP installation does.

Putting the address into the BT Wholesale Availability Checker should indicate which provisioning type is applicable.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 

It's the table and the two text lines below it which are most useful.

Remove any personal information (such as the address itself) if you post an image.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Engineer has not turned up

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@EmmaVEvans if the engineer is from Openreach the network operator this does happen as they have multiple jobs assigned in a timecslot so where one over runs later jobs get lost.

Sky probably wont know whats happened until the Openreach system updates over night. You should be die compensation see Customer Auto-Compensation | Sky Help | Sky.com

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion