Discussion topic: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gateway

This message was authored by Lonalaming This message was authored by: Lonalaming

I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gateway

The ember app allows you to control the heating from your phone.   It stopped connecting last weekend and I can't get it to reconnect 

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gat

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

We're grateful for the forum feedback that alerted us to the software issue impacting some smart home products. Our team has worked diligently to understand and resolve this. The root cause was traced to a recent software update.

As some of you noticed, we've initiated a rollback to a previous software version on many devices. We will be rolling back Sky and NOW devices; rest assured this should be completed in the coming days – keep an eye out.

Your routers will receive this update automatically, so we recommend keeping them on overnight for the best results. In some cases, devices like the WarmUp may require a restart to reconnect effectively after the update.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance in helping us to resolve this problem.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: I have the Pph Ember app which will no longer connect. Keep putting in my password but the gat

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are you a Sky Broadband customer ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Lonalaming
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lonalaming This message was authored by: Lonalaming

Yes I am 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Lonalaming assuming other apps work on that phone it is unlikely to be caused by your Sky Broadband connection unless you have changed any settings yourself

.Heating apps need communication with the heating system etc some things like smart thermostats can be battery powered if your's is check that the problem isnt simply a flat battery. Otherwise I would contact the support for the app here https://emberapp.ephcontrols.com

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Lonalaming
Topic Author

Hi Chrisse.    I have been communicating with the app support team and they are aware of the issue.   They have contacted sky but as they are not customers they will not speak to them.   They have several customers who have the same issue 

@Lonalaming can you get them to give you detail of what they think is the issue (or they can post in this thread as you dont need to be a Sky customervto post here) and if you tag me I will try to get an answer from Sky.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by adamtjames88 This message was authored by: adamtjames88

I am also one of these customers.

Our connection dropped on 3rd November, started working again on the 5th and since moving the Ember hub closer to the router yesterday it has dropped again and will not reconnect.

Ember have asked me to speak to sky as there are several customers impacted and all are sky broadband customers.

This message was authored by Stim07 This message was authored by: Stim07

I am also a new user of the Ember App, I recently had new smart EPH thermostats fitted which are working fine manually, when I try to connect my gateway to the sky hub to be able to use the app to control my heating , it will not connect. I have been speaking to EPH technicians who talked me through the whole process but still no connection. They sent me a new gateway to try but still nothing.they also mentioned many other Sky users are having problems and suggested I speak to sky to see if the gateway code is being blocked and why. Problem is finding the correct way past all the suggestions of solutions and actually speaking to someone. These thermostats are not exactly cheap and it seems that Sky are preventing me from using them how they are designed to? 
Any suggestions or answers would be greatly appreciated.

This message was authored by Stim07 This message was authored by: Stim07

I have added the message from EPH technical support below.

IMG_0562.jpeg

This message was authored by PC49 This message was authored by: PC49

I have the PPH EMBER APP problem. Both ember and sky have been helpful. Mine dropped out about week ago. I'm in constant touch with EMBER who can't find a solution sky replaced my old router and things worked brilliant for an hour. Then it lost contact AGAIN. I've emailed EMBER again and I'm getting very frustrated!

@Lonalaming & @Stim07 I have drawn Sky's attention to this thread and asked them to check internally if it is an issue at their end. 

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi everyone, thanks for posting.

I'll have our backend teams look into this but I need some details in order to investigate.

Please Private Message me the following:

Sky Account Number:

MAC address:
Device Make and Model customer using the app with:
What error shows on the app and what is the full name of the app being used?:
What Sky Hub Model/Version customer is using:

Thank you 🙂

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

Lonalaming
Topic Author

Thank you Chrisee, 

I have sent information to Chloe and I am awaiting an answer 

This message was authored by Terence444 This message was authored by: Terence444

Hi everyone,

I have been working on this issue with EPH EMBER for a week or so.

EPH Controls kindly , tested and configured and shipped a gateway to me, it is successfully connecting to the sky router but not the outside server.  I can log into my SKY router and see the device connecting.

Could this be a DNS issue?

This message was authored by adamtjames88 This message was authored by: adamtjames88

Hi Chloe I will send you a private message when I am back in the house tomorrow.

I moved the gateway to another room and bizarrely it has started working, it was previously in the same room as my sky router but now it is more equidistant to the boiler and receiver. It's strange as I get full wifi signal at the boiler and full signal for RF on my gateway at the sky hub so have no idea why it is suddenly working.

It has dropped out twice now after working for a period of time so not counting on it working long term until we have a proper fix.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion