Discussion topic: Im 72yrs old im paying £39 per month for broadband was told there is pensioner deal fir £20 per mont

This message was authored by jimbo005 This message was authored by: jimbo005

Im 72yrs old im paying £39 per month for broadband was told there is pensioner deal fir £20 per mont

I pay £39 per month broadband I was told sky have a pensioners deal for£20 per month is this true

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Im 72yrs old im paying £39 per month for broadband was told there is pensioner deal fir £20 per

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jimbo005 

There is no specific deal for pensioners. This link explains the process if you’re eligible for Sky Broadband Basics.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-social-tariff
The Sky account holder needs to be claiming Universal Credit, Pension Credit, Income Support, Income based Jobseekers Allowance or Income based Employment Support Allowance. These are the only qualifying benefits and in order for Sky to carry out checks with DWP they will need your NI number. The social tariff is for Sky Broadband Superfast 35 with an average download speed of 36Mb/s and the Sky Talk Pay As You Go tariff (ie: all calls are chargeable). It does not offer a discounted Sky Talk plan.
Broadband Basics is only available to customers who already have Sky Broadband and to add the Sky Mobile offer, you’ll need to be taking Sky Broadband Basics, and:
a) Already have Sky Mobile and a 3GB data plan.
b) Or you can add a new 3GB data plan with Sky Mobile.
If you are eligible you’ll need to call Sky to join. There is no equivalent offer for TV. The social tariff lasts 18 months and then reverts to the full cost but if you’re still eligible you will then need to re-apply.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Im 72yrs old im paying £39 per month for broadband was told there is pensioner deal fir £20 per

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jimbo005 

I suspect no ISP has a deal specifically for pensioners.  As @Daniel0210 indicates, the social tariff scheme is used because the qualifying benefits have an online verification mechanism made available by government to service providers.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion